Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Can't sync with Outlook '03

Hey.  So my phone won't synch of Outlook '03.  When I go into Synchronize, the configuration tab, then Configure Synch:  It gives me the INtellisync setup with Calendar/MemoPad/Address Book/Tasks options.  When I try to configure any of them to sync with a program, I have three options: Microsoft Outlook, ASCII Importer/Exporter, and Yahoo!.

(No clue what the Yahoo! bit is, but I asusme it's the messenger that I never use).

For Calendar: I select Outlook, then hit Next. Then I pick an option (they all end the same way), and hit next again. I select the date range and hit next. I get a "Runtime Error": "Option's value is unacceptable.  Please check option properties."

I don't know what this means or how to fix it, but it happens for all the sync options (Calendar/Memos/etc).  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Can't sync with Outlook '03

The following steps will help you to configure synchronization -

1. Connect your device using Desktop Manager and click on Synchronization
  2. From the menu on the left click Synchronization under Configuration
  3. Again click Synchronization button on the right which will give you option to Select Device Application that you want to synchronize
  4. Put the check mark and you'll get a prompt to Select Desktop Application
  5. Highlight the application name and click next button
  6. Under Synchronization Option you get Direction of Synchronization
  7. Check the radio button with Two way sync 
Now you need to select what you want to sync.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor

Thanks!  Unfortunately, that's what I'm doing which is getting me the "Runtime Error" message.  Once I select the direction radio button, I hit next and I get the error message I described in my original post.  It happens for each of the Calendar, Address book, Memos and Tasks options that I can synchronize via the software. It will let me synch to outlook express for the addressbook, but that's not terribly helpful.

Have you ever seen that error message before?  I have no idea what it means, but I'm really hoping to get the two programs working together.

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Which version of desktop manager you're using?

You would be better of by reinstalling the Desktop Manager. Let me know.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Highlighted
New Contributor

I'm using version 4.2.0.17, which is what was on the CD in the Curve box.  I tried reinstalling it a few days ago, but I'm still have the same error. Should I try it again?  I don't use the phone through my work, so I set it up to connect to my personal account; i only use outlook for the contacts and calendar, really.

If it is as all helpful, it was synching perfectly about three months ago when I first bought the BB, but then my hard drive completely failed.  I restored to a few months before I had gotten the BB, and installed the desktop manager on the restored computer, and it hasn't worked ever on the restored computer.  Before I got the blackberry, I never used Outlook for anything as I had a Palm.