Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8330
My Carrier: Telus

Can't transfer contacts

Hello everyone who can very hopefully help me!

So, I have been having problems with my curve 8300 for quite some time now and just decided to take it in on my extended warranty. So when I went to Telus yesterday I asked the guy to please back it up and restore it first so I had all my info on the loaner blackberry. So he did what I asked and lots did transfer BUT my contacts and calendar items did not transfer.

Now being the smart consumer that I am, I backed up my phone not long ago on my computer just in case they weren't able.. but I had to "get around to bringing my phone in" first, so this backup is a little over a month old.

My USB port was corrupted so I had to do it on BT connection and I only had the BT adapter for a short while so I couldn't do it again. Anyways, basically I am left with a backup that I can use on my computer, and the backup that the Telus store hopefully still has.

I tried to do an advance restore but my address book and calendar is shaded out and non-transferable. Any advice on what's going on here? I am an advanced beginner with BBs.. so I slightly know what I am doing, but google just did not answer this question.

Thanks guys!

Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Can't transfer contacts

Is your device on a corporate BES account or a personal BIS account?

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

I know that my original device was my personal phone and it must have been set up that way, but the new one I am not sure.. I know it keeps asking me if things should be personal or business.. So I will check.

Looks like it is probably a BIS because it is just like my old BB

Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Look at Options > Advanced > Service Books. Do you see any entries there that look like [DESKTOP]?

And, at Options > Security > General Settings > **service**, any named IT Policy there?

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Highlighted
New Contributor

No [DESKTOP] in the service book