Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9300
My Carrier: Wind

Can't turn off Wireless synching as described in Help so that I can do a wired synch with my Outlook

Hi there.  I've got a Blackberry Curve 3G (also known as Curve 9300) through the service provider Wind, and for the life of me I can't find a way to turn off wireless synching so that I can do a wired synch for my organizer data (calendar and contacts on Outlook).

The standard help instructions are:

To turn wireless organizer data synchronization on or off, complete the following steps:

BlackBerry® Device Software 6.0 to 7.0:

1. On the Home screen of the BlackBerry smartphone, click Contacts.
  2. Press the Menu key, and then click Options.
  3. Click Desktop.
  4. Next to Wireless Synchronization place a check in the box to enable wireless synchronization, remove the check to disable wireless synchronization.
  5. Press the Escape button.
  6. Press the Menu key and click Save.
  7. Repeat these steps for the Calendar, MemoPad, and Tasks applications.

The only problem is that in the options for Calendar and Contacts I don't have a "Desktop" menu.  Is this an issue with my device OS (6.0 Bundle 2647 - v6.0.0.0.600), or my service provider, or something random?  I've gotten the most recent updates for both the Blackberry Desktop software on my PC and the BB device OS.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, because I keep on running into the same instructions.

Thanks in advance,

Brian

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Can't turn off Wireless synching as described in Help so that I can do a wired synch with my Outlook

Hello stoneape,

Are you certain that you are currently enabled for wireless synchronization? What is your default address book currently listed as under Options - Device - Advanced System Settings - Default Services?

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9300
My Carrier: Wind

Re: Can't turn off Wireless synching as described in Help so that I can do a wired synch with my Outlook

Hi there,

Thanks for the reply.  

When I access Option --> Device --> Advanced System Settings --> Default Services, I only see options for "Default placement for new items"

i.e. which of my email addresses I wish to use for the Calendar (CICAL), Contact List (SYNC), and Messaging (CMIME)

I don't see any tick boxes or other selections for wireless synch.

Appreciate any further advice you can provide.

Cheers,

Brian

Highlighted
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Hello stoneape,

What happens when you try to synchronize using Desktop Software? Do you receive any error messages?

How are you certain that you are currently enabled for wireless syncronization?

Cheers,

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!