Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Can't turn off keypad tones when dialing!

There's a loud tone when I dial numbers.  I've changed the "key tone" setting to off in the screen/keyboard settings but the tone is still there.  I've had the phone for a day and mostly love it but a few quirks are driving me a bit batty.

litterbug

New Contributor

Re: Can't turn off keypad tones when dialing!

Mine does the same thing once in awhile! You're right. The quirks DO drive one nuts. Try fixing the setting again, and then do a battery pull reset.
Contributor

Hiya.  I've tried taking the battery out and putting it back in.  Is that what you mean by a battery pull?  Do I have to leave it out for a certain length of time?

Super Contributor
My Device: BB 8220 & BB 8900

If you are referring to the tone when using the speed dial keys, that can only be silenced by selecting the quiet or vibrate profile. If that's not what you where referring to then see if your carrier has an OS update for your phone. I have no problem with disabling the individual key tones.
Contributor

Ah.  I do need an update but, not wanting excessive connectivity, got the phone without a data package, which is why I was hoping to be able to use PocketMac--to update the phone's OS.  I'm off to Costco, where I bought it, to see if they can help.  Perhaps I'll have to do this through my PC at the office. 
Contributor
My Device: Pearl Flip 8220
My Carrier: ZAIN Kuwait

as we have to live with it, i found a workaround, when you are in the phone screen, click on the menu and choose Call From Contacts -> Select Second line from the contacts where it say [Use Once] -> Type your require numbers and press call or trackball or entre

hope any one find it easy