Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Can't uninstall 3rd party software

Hi, I'm new here.  I just purchased a T-Mobile 8120 and installed a trial version of a program called "Phoneface" which lets you make a list of your favorite contacts w/pictures.  Anyway, it froze up my device for a while and then came up with some kind of java error.  So I decided to uninstall using PocketMac SyncManager on my Mac.  PocketMac saw the application, but when I pressed uninstall, nothing happened.  I searched here and found some directions to uninstall applications from the device directly by going into Advanced Options/Applications.  But it wasn't there, so I went into Modules and I did find it there.  The directions said to press the menu key and delete.  But when I pressed the menu key, there was no option to delete, just permissions and view properties.  Any ideas?
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Can't uninstall 3rd party software

You can try any of the below mentioned process -

Directely from Handheld

1. Go to Options

2. Advanced Options

3. Applications

4. Highlight the application that you wnat to delete

5. Click Menu and select Delete

Using Application Loader

1. Connect your BlackBerry device to your computer.
  2. Open the BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
  3. Click Application Loader.
  4. Click Start in Add/Remove Applications.
  5. If necessary, perform the following actions:
    • If the Device Security Password dialog box appears, type your device password. Click Next.
    • If the Communication Port Selection dialog box appears, specify a communications port. Click Next.
  6. Click Next.
  7. Perform one of the following actions:
    • To delete an application from your device, clear the check box beside the application.
    • To delete an application from your device and the BlackBerry Desktop Software, click the application. Click Delete.
  8. Click Next.
  9. Click Finish.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Tanzim,

Thanks for the response.  I already tried the method you describe.  "PhoneFace" doesn't show up in the applications list.  But is does show up as a module.  But when I try to delete it, there's no option in the menu to do that.  Any more ideas?

New Developer

Hi,

Try re-installing PhoneFace either from AppWorld or by browsing to http://phoneface.com on your device.

Then try deleting it again using the Spanner/Wrench/Options/Advanced Options/Applications delete method listed in a previous response,

Hope this helps

EP