Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Vodafone

Can't uninstall or install any Blackberry software?

I just loaded in my disk for the Blackberry User Tools, and therefore it installed the Desktop Manager, Device Manager and the Media Manager. Since this, I uninstalled Roxio Media because I didn't want the program, and now nothing works.

When I try to open Device Manager, nothing happens. My Blackberry Media Manager has gone completely, and I cannot uninstall the Blackberry Desktop Software 5.0.1 ... I really want to get rid of it and install a new version because it isn't working.

I tried using the User Tools disk, and it's not recognised anymore and the 'run.exe' isn't coming up like it did before. I can't uninstall the software due to an error 1500 (An install is taking place, wait for this to finish before changing other programs). I'm not installing anything!

I've tried to install new software, but I get the same error message and am stuck with lots of software that currently isn't working. Please help me.