05-20-2013 09:12 PM
I'm trying to update my wife's 9360, but when I do, it says the following: BlackBerry® Desktop Software failed to connect to your BlackBerry® device. Reconnect your device and try again.
I followed the advice in another thread which said to clear the social feeds, but when I go to clear data from the phone, it just says the above message. Very frustrating.
The phone is on OS 18.104.22.1689.
05-21-2013 09:48 AM
The simplest way is to, on a PC (you cannot do this on MAC):
1) Uninstall, from your PC, any BB OS packages
2) Make sure you have the BB Desktop Software already installed
3) Download and install, to your PC, the BB OS package you desire:
4) Delete, on your PC, all copies of VENDOR.XML...there will be at least one, and perhaps 2, and they will be located in or similarly to (it changes based on your Windows version) these folders:
5) Launch the Desktop Software and connect your BB...the software should offer you the OS package you installed to your PC. If, during the process, your BB presents a "507" error, simply unplug the USB cord from the BB and re-insert it...don't do anything else...this should allow the install to continue.
Don't forget to backup.
You may also need the use of these tricks:
If you are on MAC, you are limited to only your carriers sanctioned OS packages...but can still use any levels that they currently sanction. See this procedure:
Good luck and let us know!