Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Can't update pwd in phone

chain wrote:

It's my gmail password. I went into email settings and selected the update password option for that account. It kept saying my old password was entered wrong. Presumably I should enter the password I was using until the change last night. Didn't work. Weirdness.

Hmmm...what you presume should be correct indeed...as long as there are two fields for you to enter a GMail password on that screen (e.g., "old" and "new" password).

Then again, I wonder if BIS is wanting to help you to change your GMail password on the server, which would mean you need to put into the old password field the new password that you already changed on the Gmail servers.

Please also review post 4 above -- the 2nd paragraph regarding properly entering numbers and symbols on the BB keyboard.

You also can try your carriers BIS website:

Or, from your BB Browser, this url:

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

If you've changed your password for gmail then you shouldn't be entering an old password on your BB anywhere. On your BB you need to go to email setup. Then edit the login information to reflect the new password.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
My Device: Tour 9630
My Carrier: Verizon

No, this isn't working. I wish I could go to a Verizon shop here but I don't know if there are in-store techs in any stores anymore. 

Here's what I'm doing:

Push Blackberry symbol

Go into Setup

Go into Email Settings

Enter into Old password line [pwd from 24 hours ago]

Enter into New password line [pwd from last day]

Enter into Confirm new password line [pwd form last day]

Click save

Message received: "Your Old password is incorrect. Please try again."

So I did, and I input the new password into the old line, and created a third password into the second and third lines. I got the exact same message. Exasperated. I think phone support would be hard since I'm trying to change something in phone simultaneously. Any further suggestions, anyone? I'm barely familiar with IMAP connections, but suffice to say my B'berry use is very simple and I don't have Outlook or other email accounts loaded on the phone. Thanks so much.

New Contributor

I think I've got it now

I failed to notice that I had to "validate" the account in my phone to continue to use it. That just processed, and I anticipate it'll work now.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: I think I've got it now

Correct. Whenever you change the password on the server end you need only update the BB with the new password. It shouldn't ask for the old password. I'm not exactly sure where you were getting that screen, though. Usually, after a while the device will send you a message asking you to validate the account by entering the password if you haven't yet updated it.

Glad it's up and working.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

chain wrote:

Here's what I'm doing:

Push Blackberry symbol

Go into Setup

Go into Email Settings

Enter into Old password line [pwd from 24 hours ago]

Enter into New password line [pwd from last day]

Enter into Confirm new password line [pwd form last day]

Click save

Message received: "Your Old password is incorrect. Please try again."

Given that sequence, you aren't even yet to your GMail configuration. As such, this would likely be your BIS credentials...BIS stores your email credentials so that it can work directly between the BIS servers and your email server, but only involves the BB when necessary. But, for security, BIS itself has it's own credentials (normally tied to the BB ID now, but given what you describe, that may not be in play here)...from those steps, you are at the BIS authentication step, not yet to your stored email credentials...

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Hall of Famer III

Re: I think I've got it now

chain wrote:

I failed to notice that I had to "validate" the account in my phone to continue to use it. That just processed, and I anticipate it'll work now.

Let's hope so...do let us know!

New Contributor

I skipped a step that I did do. There's the equivalent of right-clicking on Gmail, by pushing the Blackberry symbol. When I was writing down the sequence, it was already to the next step of the sequence because I'd performed this step on earlier attempts so that account's password screen was open. If my verbiage is clear enough for you to see what I'm saying...lol...blind girl who didn't notice the red print telling me to validate. Thanks for your time. 

Highlighted
Hall of Famer III

I think I understand now...you indeed had gotten all the way to your GMail credentials screen. Clearer now...and I feel even "blinder" at an internet-distance!! Good luck!