Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Telcel Mexico

Can´t use my Bold 9700 as modem on Windows 8 - BB Desktop Sw 6.0

Need your help cause I Can´t use my Bold 9700 as modem on Windows 8. The Desktop Sw is 6.0.

My cell provider told me that 6.0 BB Desktop Sw don´t work on Windows 8.

Highlighted
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Can´t use my Bold 9700 as modem on Windows 8 - BB Desktop Sw 6.0

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Please review the Desktop Software requirements and compatibility page:

As you can see, the current version of the Desktop Software is not listed as compatible with Win8...hence, your older version likewise would not be.

There are reports of folks getting the current version to function via Win8, but I do not recall if any have done what you desire...you might want to search this board for all threads related to Win8 and see if any have previously discussed what you are attempting.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................