Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: BlackBerry

Can the PlayBook stream from Netflix or Xfinity?

Is there a way to stream movies from Netflix and/or Xfinity on the Playbook?

Contributor
My Device: 9630 and 64GB Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Can the PlayBook stream from Netflix or Xfinity?

is the lack of response supposed to mean "no". I too would love to know if there is a way to watch instantly from my netflix account on my playbook.
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

not yet, but there are android apps being supported soon

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook

+1 Here's hoping we can stream both soon...

My Device: playbook
My Carrier: 7078648200

No.  You would think that there would be an App already.  How long has the Playbook been since it's release?  No Hulu, No Streaming Netflix, No Slingbox and I get a chainlink fence on te xfinity web page where there should be a video playing.  How disappointing.

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

I agree with you, TonyWilliams65,

Hulu and Netflix are not very professional.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Regular Contributor
My Carrier: internet

I don't understand what you are basing your opinion on xandrex.

How are Netflix and hulu unprofessional?

I think that all this fluff we are getting about wait and see, will turn out to be some sort of partnership with some 3rd party content provider with bb so start charging for their own video on demand.

I saw a link somewhere that stated that in the release off os2 there would be a solution as I've mentioned above.

No wonder they haven't implemented the netflix or skype yet. Some wizard of a marketing genius thought it would be a "FABO" idea for  this to come to fruition. So completely alienating users from what they want and giving us what they want..

I believe that you have it backwards xandrex, it is bb who would seem to be acting completely unprofessional.

Regular Contributor
My Carrier: internet

Here's the link to the below story.
http://crackberry.com/press-release-research-motion-previews-blackberry-playbook-os-20-ces-2012?page...

Video store - a catalog of thousands of movies and TV shows will be available through the integrated BlackBerry Video Storefront* with new releases to be made available for purchase or rent the same day they come out on DVD. Users will be able to begin watching media as soon as they start to download the file, so users won't have to wait for the entire file to transfer before they can enjoy great entertainment on the tablet's high resolution display, or on an HDTV via the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet's HDMI output.

Here's a link to the support guidelines
http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Community-Corner/Support-Community-Guidelines/td-p/1196959

Which states the following about me posting an outside link

Note: Links to sites that are relevant to the original posters question, and as such are helpful to the user, will be permitted to stay.
My Device: Playbook

With the Playbook upgrade, look forward to being able to download an app to watch Xfinity on my playbook.....SOON.

Thanks.

Contributor
My Carrier: sprint

How's the waiting going? New operating system yet still no apps that will accommodate netflix, Hulu, amazon etc. I find it amazing that every other tablet has access to stream netflix, or other similar type services yet the playbook cannot. Oh yeah that movies app that came with the new OS is a joke and very expensive.  I'm sure RIM is getting percentage of sales. Probably why it's. The only service available for the playbook.  I am VERY disappointed.