Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Cannot Delete 1 Remaining Phone Log Entry - Call Log NOT being Updated

Hi. I have a Bold 9000. My Phone Call Log is no longer being updated. I have 1 old entry on the log that I cannot delete.

I have tried to go through Messages, View Folder, Phone Call Logs too but it comes back with 'Uncaught exception: java.lang.NullPointerException. I get the same message when booting up from a reset (battery out),

Option / Status/ shows 50mb in File Free so it's not a memory issue.

This is very frustrating. If I can't sort it out is there no way of uninstalling & reinstalling the software on the BB?

Thanks, Altaf

Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8300

Re: Cannot Delete 1 Remaining Phone Log Entry - Call Log NOT being Updated

Hi,

First backup the devcie using DTM...

Using desktop manager:

Backup/Restore - Advanced

Click on the databasse on the RHS and click Clear button.

If the clear button is greyed out, then with the device still plugged in, on the Handset click: Options - Advanced - Service books - Highlight Desktop[SYNC] - menu - delete. On the DTM, click refresh and then Clear.

Close DTM and try it again.

PS: when you remove the battery, you ARE leaving the devie turne ON for the entire time, arent oyu? (PS: turning the devcie off will NOT fix the device at ANY time!)

Checked out my Blackberry FAQ's and Links to Needed Articles here
http://darkeen.homelinux.com/index.php/Blackberryfaq
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Cannot Delete 1 Remaining Phone Log Entry - Call Log NOT being Updated

Hi.

I am sorry I haven't replied to you sooner especially after you have taken all the trouble to provide me with a solution.

First of all I did what you asked and was able to clear the phone call logs (by selecting that line under Databases) from the DTM Advanced option. I wasn't sure whether you meant that (clear phone logs) when you said 'Click on the database on the RHS and click Clear button' or whether you meant more.

I had to make 2 passes throught it. The 1st time it said that there were 20 entries in the log (I could only see one on my phone). After the clear I went back to my phone and the entry was still there but DTM Advanced phone log said there were 17 entries now. I then cleared the log again and this time it had the desired effect!

I also removed the battery with the device on. The 'Uncaught Java lang...' message has disappeared now.

Thank you so much for helping me out. Smiley Happy

From the moment I was given a BB Bold by my company I realised how good it was. It is easy and intuitive in use and much faster and fault free compared to many other PDAs/Smartphones I have used. I liked it so much I bought one for myself!

Best wishes,

Altaf