Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Smartphone Pearl 8110
Accepted Solution

Cannot Receive files through bluetooth???

I have a BB 8110, i can pair up devices in bluetooth and i can send files to other phones etc using bluetooth, but as soon as anyone tries to send anything to me all they get is connection failed, the led on my phone flashes blue once but that is all, i have tried various fixes such as the one circulating that 'the LED should be turned from off to on otherwise bluetooth does not work'  its a nightmare, does anyone have any idea whats going on, oh and on a seperate issue whats the long PIN code for that comes up on my BB desktop manager, i see people posting these as signatures what is that all about, as you may of realised by now i am new to the BB club!

ATB

Mark 

ATB

Mark

view my stock images at

www.theimagefile.com/web/johnsonphotographics/

Just follow the links to stock photography and enter showall (no spaces) in keyword or collection field.
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Cannot Receive files through bluetooth???

[ Edited ]

Hi there!

To receive a file via BT, you must first instruct your BB to accept the send attempt from the other device...otherwise it will not respond to the attempt (I know, it is this way even though it is paired and trusted). Navigate to the folder you want the file to be placed (Media > BBKey > Explore) then select the BT receive option (BBKey > Receive Using BT). Then start the send from the other device.

Good luck and let us know!
Message Edited by sdgardne on 08-17-2009 11:25 AM

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Smartphone Pearl 8110

Worked a treat, believe it or not i have the manual and there is nothing in here to explain most of the BB's functions, its been a steep learning curve, but man what a phone. Once again thanks.

ATB

Mark 

ATB

Mark

view my stock images at

www.theimagefile.com/web/johnsonphotographics/

Just follow the links to stock photography and enter showall (no spaces) in keyword or collection field.
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Great! You are most welcome!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................