Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

Cannot Save a Group in OS7 on 9930

I updated from 9650 to 9930. I had a group in my contacts which migrated to the new phone. I needed to add a new contact, and then add them to this group. The contact creation works fine, but when I try to add the new contact to the group on the 9930 (OS7), I cannot save the group with this change. I select "save", but nothing seems to happen. I continue to get a dialog box with "Save/Discard/Cancel" options, but the phone only responds to cancel or discard.

So then I tried to create a new group on my 9930. I was able to add one contact to it and save, but when I tried to add a second, I simply cannot save the group with this change. I rebooted the phone and tried again, to no avail. Anyone else having this issue?

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Cannot Save a Group in OS7 on 9930

Just want to say that I am pulling my hair out with the same problem. RIM will surely fix this on the first OS7 update. I just hope that it is soon!
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

The only workaround is to create an all-new group and add all of the members you need when you create it.

Example: You have a group now (group A) with 5 members. You want to add a sixth member. 

You have to create a group B, and add all six members during the initial creation. Do not save until you have all 6 members. Then you can delete group A. 

Nonsense, I know, but it is the only workaround I could use.

Basically you cannot edit the group after it is created and saved.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

THANK YOU for that very fast reply. Creating a new group is inefficient - especially when I was able to add new members to groups with my old Blackberry. In fact, the option still exists on OS7 to add TO an existing group - it simply doesn't work.

I sincerely appreciate your post and your workaround, but hope that RIM repairs this on their software update.

My Device: Bold - 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

Has anyone seen an update to this problem?