Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9300
My Carrier: b-and-you
Accepted Solution

Cannot Setup Email

This is so frustrating.  I have an unlocked blackberry 9300 and I'm using it in Paris with b-and-you and I DO have their blackberry plan so please don't ask me to make sure that I do. I know that I do.  

I cannot setup my email.  I go to setup<email accounts and then it says its checking for updates and then it says "your device encountered a problem with this application's server"

I have tried everything.  I have pulled the battery.  I've reset the device to factory settings and I have tried to go to mobile.blackberry.com and do it from there using the communication/communicate button which is no longer available or anywhere to be found on mobile.blackberry.com.  

I need a solution otherwise I'm going to go crazy.  I need access to my email.  Anyone who can help me please please please help me because I need access to my email and I don't understand what it means when it says my device encountered a problem with this application's server.  And like I mentioned earlier I DO HAVE A BLACKBERRY PLAN. 

Thank you so much for your help. 

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG191), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Cannot Setup Email

Hello,

Given all else you have described, I recommend that you conduct the following steps, in order, even if they seem redundant to what you have already tried (steps 1 and 2 each should result in a message coming to your BB...please wait for that before proceeding to the next step):

1) Register HRT

• KB00510 How to register a BlackBerry smartphone with the wireless network
  • Please wait for one "registration" message to arrive to your Messages app

2) Delete and Resend Service Books

• KB05000Delete the service book for the BlackBerry Internet Service email account from the BlackBerry smartphone
  • If you have no CMIME entry, then skip the deletion
  • KB02830 Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service
  • Please wait for "Activation" Messages, one per already configured email account, to arrive in your Messages. If you have no already configured email accounts, please wait 1 hour.

3) Batt Pull Reboot

• Anytime random strange behavior or sluggishness creeps in, the first thing to do is a battery pop reboot. With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes. See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

Hopefully that will get things going again for you! If not, then really must contact your mobile service provider for formal support....you pay them for all of your services as well as all of your formal support. Only they have access to their systems by which to research why your BB cannot function properly with their network. There are several potential reasons why your BB may not work on their network, but no one here has any such access to do that research...only your carrier can do so.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

So I tried everything that you told me.  I send the registration and then I receive a confirmation message.  However, I tried resending the service books using Method 2 and it told me that my device is not registered and told me that I have to send the registration again.  

So the problem is obviously with this.  Also I looked just trying to find anything else bizarre and I realized that it says my Blackberry Enterprise Server is not connected and other people said that that gave them a hard time with receiving their email as well.  Is this something my carrier needs to set up? Or is this something that I have done wrong.  

I don't understand why the phone is telling me my device has been registered but then Blackberry can't confirm that it has been. 

What is my next step?

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG191), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

kyleejwormuth wrote:

So I tried everything that you told me.  I send the registration and then I receive a confirmation message.  However, I tried resending the service books using Method 2 and it told me that my device is not registered and told me that I have to send the registration again.  

So the problem is obviously with this.

Yup...that's definitely looking like a problem...but...

kyleejwormuth wrote:

Also I looked just trying to find anything else bizarre and I realized that it says my Blackberry Enterprise Server is not connected and other people said that that gave them a hard time with receiving their email as well.  Is this something my carrier needs to set up? Or is this something that I have done wrong. 

That only matters if you are on corporate/BES. If you are not (and, typically, you would know if you are), then that is actually totally irrelevant. But, the BlackBerry Internet Service indicator might mean something, as that's the service that enables non-BES email.

If you are on BES, then you definitely need to talk to your carrier....you need a BES-level account from them in order to use BES. Then, you talk to your BES admins for activation of your BB on BES.

kyleejwormuth wrote:

I don't understand why the phone is telling me my device has been registered but then Blackberry can't confirm that it has been.

I don't yet either.

kyleejwormuth wrote:

What is my next step?

Depends...if you are BES, then follow those steps (get a BES-level data account from your carrier and then talk to your BES admins for activation). If you are not BES, then do as I said above...ring up your carrier, as only they have access to their systems to look and see what may be wrong.

BTW -- don't let your carrier fob you off. If they, for example, say that it all looks fine on their side, don't let them get away with that. Consider -- you pay them for 100% of your services and 100% of your support. If they fob you off, then they will be delivering neither. You must insist that they live up to their contract with you to deliver your services...and if they cannot, to give you a solid diagnosis as to why (e.g., the device is "blacklisted", a BIS account exists on some other carrier, etc.).

Good luck!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

I figured it out. 

b-and-you requires that you go through a special process to set your blackberry up with the provider that I did not know about.

others who use this can find this solution at: www.bouyguestelecom.blackberry.com

and then follow the walk through

Thanks for helping

Highlighted
Hall of Famer III

You are welcome...that is certainly one of the most unique methods I've ever seen. But, with hundreds of different carriers in the world, they are always the best resource for using the services that they sell.

Good luck!