Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Tour 9630
My Carrier: SaskTel
Accepted Solution

Cannot Sync with Outlook 2010

We recently did a number of hardware upgrades on our computer and installed Windows 7 and Office 2010 about 3 weeks ago (full versions not upgrades). I have been unable to sync my BB ever since and after reading through the message boards have discovered I am not alone. I downloaded the latest BB update which I understood would make my BB and Office compatible.

I don't know if the problems are related to BB and Office not being compatible or if there is another problem with my computer. This is what I have done and am encountering:

- downloaded BB update version 6.0.0.43; BB would not recognize Outlook when I tried to organize my Contacts and Address Book. I have tried repairing and subsequently uninstalling then reinstalling this update a few times.

- gave up and downloaded CompanionLink; Received error message "Click-to-run Outlook lacks API capability. You must install Outlook on your PC for sync". I sought help from CompanionLink but continue to have no luck. The "Add-Ins" link in my BB Desktop Software was available when I first downloaded CompanionLink but has now disappeared and I don't know how to get it back. I did try repairing the BB update to see if this would resolve it.

- in the BB Desktop Software Applications tab, it states BB 5.0.0 System Software version 5.0.0 and Core Application Version 5.0.0. are required but it does not give me the capability to install it. I thought the version 6.0.0.43 update replaced version 5.0.0. I don't know if this is relevant or if it matters.

I don't know if this is a syncing problem between my BB and Outlook or if there is something else going on. I would appreciate any help or advice which can be given. Thanks in advice,

Info re: Outlook 2010 - Version 14.0.5113.5000, 32 bit

Lisa

New Contributor

Re: Cannot Sync with Outlook 2010

I have found a solution to this problem.

FYI - Blackberry cannot sync to Outlook if Outlook is in "Click to Run" mode. Follow the link below for instructions on how to install a full version of Office 2010.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel-help/click-to-run-switch-to-using-a-full-office-edition-HA10...

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

[ Edited ]

After deleting Click-to-Run program, using unistall program from Control Panel, then re-booting pc, I was able to successfully sycn Outlook 2010 with my Blackberry Torch & Blackberry Desktop Manager.

Hope this porblem is now fixed and that others find a similar resolution to their sync problem(s)

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: T-Mobile

I hav XP  OS.  I do not or cannot find Click-to-run.  Am I missing something or is this a Windows 7 feature.

I am having trouble syncing Outlook 10 with my BB 9700.  New items don't transfer between BB and Outlook 10

New Contributor

As far as I know, the click-to-run is an Outlook 2010 feature. BB will not sync if you are running Outlook through click-to-run. Did you try following the Microsoft link to install the full version of Outlook? If that doesn't work, you may need a different solution to the syncing problem.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700 OS v5.0.0.344
My Carrier: Telus

Thank you audge for posting the solution for this problem. A client of mine had the exact same problem and it was fixed by following the instructions on your link.

Contributor
My Device: 9930 OS7
My Carrier: Sprint

[ Edited ]

As a side comment, perhaps not relevant to this particular problem but I share it anyway in case it makes a difference:  Gmail with its calendar function installed on a BlackBerry, even if not used, takes over the syncing process and inhibits a sync with Outlook.  It took two different BlackBerry techs, the second of whom had this problem on his BlackBerry, to permanently readjust my phone, running OS 6, so that it would again sync with Outlook.

My Device: Not Specified

Audge - I can't  THANK YOU Enough for your Posting. 

I changed providers and got the new 9800 touch over 2 weeks ago.

I have Outlook 10 running on my pc... I go excited about putting all my contact and calendar on. When I could NOT get it to Sync I was not a Happy Person !!!.

Almost everyday I contacted the provider with no luck. None of them could give me the answer to solve the issue..... I have been at 'my whit's end' 

Finally I Google and your post come up ..... And it worked ....

Thank You Thank You Thank You for sharing post and solution.

From a VERY VERY VERY Less Stressed AnnieS

New Contributor
My Device: Black Berry Curve 8330
My Carrier: Boost Mobile

Hello Everyone!  I realize that this ia a VERY old post but I am having this same problem!  The only thing is I have followed the directions  TO A TEE and I do not have the CLICK TO RUN MH&S2010.  I DO have MH&S2010 just not the Click-to-Run program.  I still cannot sync my contacts!  Please help!

Thanks,

S

VeganMom

My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Bell

Cannot Sync with Outlook 2010 Calendar

BBDS will not sync the Calendar with Outlook 2010 running in Windows 7.  BBDS shows the Calendar is not installed but it APPEARS to install it thru the Setup option, but after exiting Setup, BBDS still shows the Calendar is not installed.  Contacts, Memos and Tasks all sync properly with Outlook.

Previously, the Calendar did sync properly and my problems may have started when I setup my Playbook.

From the posts that I've read, my CICAL file appears ok, I've deleted Facebook (never used it though) updated BBDS to 6.1.0.36 Bundle 38 and updated my Bold 7680 software.

Anyone have any suggestions to allow me to sync the Calendar?  any ideas would be much appreciated and a solution most welcome.

Thank you