Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: ATT Wireless

Cannot Synch Blackberry 9900 with Desktop Software Windows 8.1

I have recently purchased a new PC, running Outlook on Windows 8.1.  I am unable to synch Contacts, Calendar, Tasks, etc, either when configured for two-way or one-way synchronization (from Desktop to Device).  The synchronization software does run, and takes a long time (6900 Contacts records), and does not report any errors, but after it completes and I re-check my Blackberry, I find that recent contacts added on my Desktop Outlook have not been copied to my Blackberry.  I tried both one-way (Desktop to Device) and two way synching - same result - no error message, long synch time, no actual synching. Same for Calendar, Tasks, etc.  

I'm near the point of giving up and trading in for a new (and better) smart phone.  Welcome any tips.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Cannot Synch Blackberry 9900 with Desktop Software Windows 8.1

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Refer:

I cannot be certain if the Desktop Software is yet compatible with Win8.1 (I think it is), but you neglected to mention your Outlook version, and if (as with so many newer systems) it is 2013, then it definitely is not compatible.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: ATT Wireless

Thanks for your response. I am using Outlook 2013, Version 15.0.4605.1003 on a recently-purchased Dell laptop. 

Is this incompatible with Blackberry desktop software (running Blackberry Desktop software 7.0 Bundle 2392)

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

As per the system requirements that I provided above, yes...that is an incompatible configuration.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................