Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Developer
My Device: Z30 / PlayBook 64GB
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile UK

Re: Cannot browse to BlackBerry.com on OS6 using wifi

BillJ, I am sorry but this is totally inaccurate.

I have used a friend's Torch on 02 and the wifi worked like a dream.

Today I got fed up and tried getting support from Orange who have decided that as it is an EOL phone, they aren't supporting OS updates for the 9700.

I have sent them an email telling them that I expect a device to be supported while I am on contract, and that I wont bother with them when my contract renewal comes up.

Vodaphone and 3 are looking like the best price alternatives.

Anyway, it looks as if this is a matter that wont get resolved. I'll just have to live with the bb.com site being totally useless for now.

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Maxis

Re: Cannot browse to BlackBerry.com on OS6 using wifi

Hi all,

I had the same problem "BB browser not working on Wi-Fi but works perfectly on mobile data network". My phone is a BB Torch 9800 on OS 6 and my mobile provider is Maxis in Malaysia.

I spent a lot of time trouble-shooting and even resetting the phone back to factory settings but none of these works. I seem to have found the glitch and also a solution to this problem and would like to share:

1. To setup a BB smartphone properly with the correct service books, you need to have a mobile data service. And they will provide you the correct APN settings to key into your phone.

2. The actual problem seem to lie with the Wi-Fi router security settings. Check yours to see whether you have selected WEP(legacy) or WPA2(latest).

3. I read in one of these forums that BB has not updated their smartphones to work with WPA2 and it seem that my trusted WEP is also a problem now. I switched to "WPA only" security settings and corrected my Wi-Fi network profile on my BB Torch.

Now I can browse smoothly and super-fast on my home Wi-Fi network. It is a long time lapse to all your postings. Hope this sharing helps.