Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Cannot change alerts for sms,e-mail and other notifications

Hi to all!

BB Storm is my first BB and so far i think it`s great :-)!

But when I wanted to change sms, mms, or e-mail alerts nothing happens.

For ex. in the Ring Tones/Alerts Menu I set sms sound to BBInspired_Chivalry click save and everything seem to be ok, but 

when I recieve a sms the alert is default sound for sms, and this goes for e-mail, mms and other notification except phone 

ringtones which works fine.  Even when i click "try it" button nothing happens. I`ve tried this on all profiles and on the one that I`ve created. 

Thank you in advance, sorry for bad english!!

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Cannot change alerts for sms,e-mail and other notifications

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

First -- try a batt-pop reboot to see if it clears up. With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then insert the battery and replace the cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot process (perhaps as long as 10 minutes). Recheck your sound profile settings to see if they reflect what you wanted. Retry everything to see if it acts properly. Like all computing devices, it suffers from memory leaks and a reboot can be a healthy thing.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Nothing, same thing! I think I am going to wipe the phone, i really don`t know what to do.
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Wiping is pretty drastic, but if you haven't customized or added much to it, it indeed will let you fall back to original condition. Then you could slowly add things back and see if one of them is the culprit. There also are plenty of threads/posts on this forum about alert/alarm challenges as well... Good luck!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

nevertheless thank you for your help and fast replys :-)

Hall of Famer III

You are  most welcome! Good luck!

New Contributor

bump.

I am also having this problem. I have no problem changing ringtones for phone calls, either individual contacts or the default ringtone for all contacts at once for phone calls.  However, when I try to change the ringtone for email, SMS or Facebook etc.  it won't change, it just plays the default tone.

I heard it is a software issue that occurs when you change a ringtone for an individual contact, it somehow affects the ability to change ringtones in the sound profiles (all other contacts.)

Any word on a possible patch/ fix?

Hall of Famer III

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

What Carrier are you with and what OS level are you on?

New Contributor

Thank you!  My carrier is MTS Allstream (Canada) and my OS I'm not completely sure of.  Its a 9530 v4.7.0.122 Platform 4.0.0.153

Not sure if that helps at all?

Hall of Famer III

I think this remained a problem in the .122 release (that's your OS version), but I can't recall fully. You can search these forums for .122 and see if it was part of that. You can also see if your carrier has an updated OS here:

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/downloads/download_sites.jsp