Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Blackberry Curve
My Carrier: Telus

Cannot change/reset Blackberry BBM ID

I have a bit of a conundrum...

My wife is using a Blackberry curve. She recently indicated her BBM was lost and I was able to restore the icon through an app upgrade but now we are trying to enter the password. She cannot remember it. Problem is the BBM ID is set to an email address that is non-existant. Every link we get from Blackberry tries to send a password reset link to a NON-EXISTANT email address (this was changed over a year ago).

Does Blackberry not have another method of password reset? Can anyone help on this?

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Cannot change/reset Blackberry BBM ID

Hi RobertSeles

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

If the email account you used to create your BlackBerry ID does not exist or an invalid one then I must say you have a very few Options left .You call your Carrier to know if they can reset that for you . If they fails to do so they I am sorry you have to Change your BlackBerry ID ,but in that situation if you are having BBM7 you will lose your BBM contacts if you don't have a previous backup.

So first call your Carrier and see if they can solve this issue for you.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Highlighted
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Telkomsel

If the phone was lost and somebody reset bbm id, can I still locate the device using blackberry protect. I installed bbm protect on the lost device.
Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hello jutas

Well .. If somebody changes the BlackBerry ID but to do that he may have to wipe the device and in that situation you cannot locate using BlackBerry Protect .

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.