Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

My Device: 9700
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: Cannot connect to home WiFi system - "Failed to obtain an IP address"

Sorry, but dropping all security from your home router is not a "solution."

It shouldn't be necessary to specifically add the BB's MAC address either if this isn't required for public access.

So what't the answer??

Visitor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Bell mobility canada

I am having the exact same issue....failing to obtain IP address......phone sees the network but is unable to get an ip from router. It worked briefly then just stopped connecting altogether. I have tried lots of suggestions still no go.......I wish RIM would come out with a fix for this as it seems to be a very common problem.

I do not want to run router with no wep security as in previous post........any body have a fix?

My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Optimus

Still not have a fix to this issue?

I will return my curve 8520 and have the old nokia n81

Best regards,

JS

Highlighted
New Developer
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Movistar

1) Go to menu > options > advanced options > TCPIP

2) APN Settings Enabled should be checked.

3) Reconnect to your WiFi network

Hope it helps