Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Re: Cannot disable password for device!

Dear Stockjock.....thanks a ton for your post. It finally solved all my problems....I had browser issues etc etc....your method, worked like a charm....really thanksful to you....

cheers....

Thanks for the answer. This was driving me nuts!

You are the best!!! 

Worked great for me.  

I have a blackberry Curve 8330.  The "Encyption Mode"  was found in "Options / Media Card".  I changed the mode to NONE and it removed the little red lock.

Visitor
My Device: BlackBerry Storm 9530
My Carrier: Verizon

Thanks LJW4215! Although your instructions were for a different model of phone I was still able to figure it out and use the same steps to disable the feature. So cuddos to you my friend!

vr,

Horalethen

New Contributor
My Device: Storm 9530
My Carrier: MTN NIGERIA

Hi! I have this same problem on my storm 9530. I am using Windows vista but upgraded to windows 7. I tried the steps you gave but it is not working for me. I am using a gsm sim card from africa-nigeria to be specific but roaming it on ATT or tmobile networks. Pls can you check for be and explain it further? Thanks in anticipation

New Contributor
My Device: Storm 9530
My Carrier: MTN NIGERIA

Hi vigneshn!

Pls how did you go about disabling the pasword on your blackberry phone. i have the same problem that you had but could not still disable after reading thru stockjock method. i am using a windows 7 hp pc. Pls can you explain the steps better for me? will be grateful. thanks.
Visitor
My Device: 8530 Curve
My Carrier: Sprint

Thanks for the directions.  It was the only thing that worked!!   I have a BB 8530 Curve through Sprint and when my company migrated back to MS Outlook from Lotus Notes, the set up required a password that I could not disable.  My colleagues using BB through Verizon could disable it.  Our IT department later disabled the password requirement and those on AT&T were able to disable it after take the battery out and letting it restart.

Thanks again!!!!

My Device: Storm
My Carrier: Verizon

thank you so much!!! I have been fighting this password for months!!! Mine had encryption just in options itself.....once I disabled it...was prompted to enter my password....then went to the password option and it was unlocked....when I disabled the password....again it asked for my password......then it was GONE!!!! thanks  sooooooo MUCH!!!

Highlighted
My Device: 9360
My Carrier: avea

Try this.

Remove all the encryption optıons from "options-->security -->encryption", including memory card. Save and exit.

Now when you go to, "password", you should be able to disable it