Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: torch 9810
My Carrier: telstra

Cannot find any information regarding manufacturers warranty on mobile phones

I cannot find any information on your website regarding manufacturers 
warranty on Blackberry mobile phones. I also cannot find any local 
contact details. Could you please provide these as we are contemplating 
buying a Blackberry Torch 9810.

I must say the website is very frustrating as I have spent a lot of 
time going around in circles trying to find this information.

Don
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Cannot find any information regarding manufacturers warranty on mobile phones

phones have a 1 year warranty through your carrier. they might be able to extend it longer.

your carrier is your first line of support or you can use the forums too

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

Re: Cannot find any information regarding manufacturers warranty on mobile phones

This is NOT a locked phone and is not through any carrier. I simply want to find out the manufacturers (not the carriers) warranty on a Torch 9810 before I buy it.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

[ Edited ]

i know of this one

http://us.blackberry.com/legal/

http://ca.blackberry.com/legal/

http://uk.blackberry.com/legal/

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

New Contributor

Thanks,

It appears that it is 1 year but I must say that the subject is dealt very poorly by Blackberry.

Guru III
My Device:

wish I had more to offer

RIM uses carriers to sell phones like a car dealer sells cars. You dont go to GM to get your chevy fixed, you go to an authorised dealer.

New Contributor

Yesterday I bought a new Panasonic plasma TV set from a local retailer. Before buying I looked at the Panasonic website and they clearly stated a manufacturers warranty of one year. This doesn't mean that if it is faulty I take it to Panasonic, of course I would take it back to the retailer. I simply wanted to know what was the maunufacturers warranty for the phone stated up front. Blackberry should honestly state the manufacturers warranty like Panasonic.