Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Cannot find my new text messages!

I know that I have received texts, as my device made its "text" noise and my message indicator light is blinking.  However, they are not in my email in box, nor is the red asterisk on the email icon, as it should be when I have a text.  I've totally powered down (including removing the battery) twice.  AT&T isn't any help.  Any ideas?  BTW - I think there was a software change on Sunday, as somehow my email icon moved itself in my list of applications.  HELP!
Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Cannot find my new text messages!

Greetings, and welcome to the BlackBerry.com Support Forums.

Go to Messages > Menu > Options > General Options > scroll down to > Seperate SMS and Email Inboxes. What does your say there?

Perhaps you received a PIN message or another type of messages.

Look at Messages > Menu > View Folder and check each of those.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
My Device: 8830 world edition
My Carrier: verizon

what if there is no option to separate email and sms messages?  Then how do I find my new texts??

My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Telstra

I have the same problem, and I have checked every single possible folder, and done all the things you have suggested.

I just recently had my track pad replaced, and since I got it back, I have had this problem of not being able to find one outstanding message!!

Help!?

Thanks

My Device: tour
My Carrier: verizon

I'm also having the same problem - seems to happen every time I go along with the black berry updates.. and I can not figure out how to fix it..

I have to select "view folder" and then figure out which folder the text, blackberry message, sms, or email came in from which is a royal pain in the tush.. It used to all just go into one general folder.. but not any more.. and there is no option to separate text/ sms from email.

Anyone have an idea how to get this resolved?  This is driving me nuts.

Just had a situation where someone sms'd me and I can see what I sent him but not what he sent me no matter what I do.. so it will alert me there is a text but there's no way to see it..

My Device: Curve 8330
My Carrier: Verizon

I had the same problem but followed J Sanders message "Go to Messages > Menu > Options > General Options > scroll down to > Seperate SMS and Email Inboxes. What does your say there?"

Mine said Theme Controlled... changed to combined, saved then all was well!

My Device: curve 8520

BoomerFT, that worked a treat you are diamond amongst the human race.

Thankyou very much Murt

My Device: Not Specified

i restored my phone after doing a backup on the device as i was sent a new handset due to the previous one being faulty. i backed up onto my pc then when it arrived i restored my data. since then i had been receieving texts from previous conversations from before i restored. these messages were not visible. the icons were saying i had received on the main menue and even by there names inside the sms folder on their cobversations. however there message was not beeing displayed.

i text a friend who was one of the previous conversations on the phone asking them to text me to see what happend hwoever the text i sent to them didnt update into the conversation. they still recieved from myself and text back. i was alerted they had text back however i couldnot see the message n the thread even tho i had been notified they had text me

can anyone helpppp

My Device: blackberry 85

I have just bought my son a blackberry 8500 for christmas  and he is having the same problem  he cant find his messages without going into options, view file etc,  any clues as to how to resolve this so he can just view messages the old fashioned way when you open the icon?  or is there a master reset button that we can access?

My Device: blackberry curve 8529

heeey i had the same problem on my curve but what i did was i went onto my sms clicked on the blackberry logo then clicked view folder then sms inbox and select folder and kinda messed around trying to find out how to get it to work then a couple of mins later it started to work again hope this works for you also! Smiley Wink