Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Cannot hide sent items

I just got a new ATT Curve 3G 9300

about info:

v5.0.0.955 (bundle 1576, Platform 6.3.0.57)

Here is the problem:

I go into my email setting and select for it to hide my sent messages from my email (linked to my work outlook server) and it does not save.

I have tried hiding sent  items a dozen times, but the system will not save the setting and it is driving me crazy

Thanks in advance

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700
My Carrier: AT&T

Sent message view issue

I just received a new BB Pearl 3G and within the mail options set the hide sent messages to yes.  After saving the setting it reverts back to No? I have checked  all settings on the device and do not see anything that would cause this setting to revert back to no?  I have also checked the settings on the BES server to see if I missed anything but all seems to check out.  Has anyone experience this with the new Pearl?  I failed to mention this is a new device I just setup.

Thank you,

sperry

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Cannot hide sent items

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

There's a clue...

bkuhns2 wrote:

(linked to my work outlook server)

First...there's no such thing as an "Outlook Server". Rather, I suspect you have BES through your company...meaning you have an IT Policy that is pushed to your BB by BES. And it is highly likely that this policy is preventing you from doing what you are attempting. I suggest you go see your BES admins for assistance as they are in control.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
My Device: Curve 9300

Hide sent messages and incoming calls !

I have two issues with my new Curve 9300, where no one seems to be able to assist.

(1) it does not allow me to save the option to "hide sent messages" it constantly defaults to "no".

(2) When a caller saved in my contacts calls me , their number only appears, however after the call their name and number appears in the call log.

???

New Contributor

It worked fine on my old phone, an 8300 curve, I think and my co-worker had a BB bold that it works fine on.  Is something from the way my work email pushes through affect only my model?

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Well, it should be the same for everyone I think...but then again, only your BES admins can say for sure. Since it is a corporate device, please go see them. Anything we might advise you to do would still require you to go see them...

Good luck!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

I am a BES Admin and have users with the same problem.  I see no setting in the BES settings that allow me to control this.

My Device: Bold 9700

[ Edited ]

I too am a BES admin.  I had a user with this issue a several weeks ago.  I ended up replacing his phone and the new phone didn't have the problem.  I did not change his policy.  I don't believe this is policy related.  I've had two other users come to me with the same problem since then.  I am working this issue today.

Hall of Famer III

Very odd indeed...so it would seem to not be IT Policy related. As such, digging deeper into each device would be a good diagnostic step to take. I'd suggest

1. Remove the BB from BES
  2. Totally wipe clean the BB (indeed, wiping the IT Policy as well)
  3. Reload the OS (and nothing else)
  4. Re-activate on BES
  5. See if the problem continues

It is possible that some add-on or other OS corruption is the culprit...but that, too, is just a guess.

Good luck!

AF
My Device: Pearl 9100

Re: Sent message view issue

I just got my new Pearl 3G last Friday and I'm having the same problem.  In addition, it keeps reverting back when I change the setting to not confirm when I delete a message.  Have you found out how to fix this yet?

AF