Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: Bold 9700

Hide Sent Messages Field Locked down

[ Edited ]

Hello

I never have the Hide sent Messages in the Display settings in General settings turned to NO. Out of the blue last week this settings changed to NO and also locked that field down so I can't even change it to YES if I wanted to.  Other fields that are locked are the Confirm Delete field and also the Save Copy in Sent Folder. The Field itself is greyed out with a small Lock in it.

My company has not applied any policies to our BBs and our IT staff is stumped on where this is coming from. Many BBs but not all BBs are having the same issue. Could something be coming from RIM in error? My company has tried wiping the BBs and still have the same issues.

Visitor
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Hide Sent Messages Field Locked down

I'm having the exact issue on my 9300.  The 'hide sent emails' and the 'confirm delete' fields are editable in the Settings but when i save the changes it does not change.  This is a really frustrating issue as i am having to confirm the deletion of emails I don't even want in my inbox.  My BES admin is stumped and thinks I need to get a new phone.  I also unchecked the 'Save Sent emails' checkbox in the desktop sofware and I thought I had found the problem but that didn't fix it either.  I think it is a bug in the OS.  There are way to many people having the same issue.  Please help RIM.

My Device: Curve
My Carrier: O2

Problem hiding Sent Messages

I can't seem to hide Sent Messages.  I select 'Hide Sent Messages' in the options menu but when I return they are still visble.  Any ideas gratefully received!

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Hide Sent Messages Field Locked down

Bump, anyone?

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Cannot hide sent items

Update -- and I must eat some of my words.

Yesterday, for a variety of other reasons, I needed to cleanly reload my BB OS. While the process went quite normally and everything else works just fine, I now have no ability to hide sent items either! I can change the setting and "save", but it is indeed not saved at all. I am on BES and the IT Policy is fresh since the reload. Very odd indeed.

I'd like to ask that those who experience this to post their information in this thread:

• BB Model Number
  • BB OS level (all 4 octets)
  • Carrier
  • Country
  • BES Version
  • Messaging System Back End (e.g., Exchange, NOTES, etc.), including version information
  • Validation that you've gone through the full diagnostic steps (set the configuration item to "Yes", saved, yet it did not change and Sent Items are still showing)
  • Any special considerations to your situation (as in mine starting after a full BBSAK wipe, OS reload, and reactivation on BES...also include if/how you did backup/restore...I backed up my full device but only did selective restore, including the Messages Database) 

I'm also going to have this thread moved since it certainly applies to multiple BB models. You will find it moved here:

I am also continuing to search the forums for any identical threads and may perhaps incorporate them into this thread so that there can be one place to research.

Thanks!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)

Re: Sent message view issue

FYI to all,

This thread is specifically for solely this topic. Please refer to an earlier post of mine requesting specific information details to aid in the diagnosis. Many of the posts here have been pulled together into this thread from several others in an attempt to keep all of this discussion together.

A potentially useful solution is posted in this thread:

I have not myself been able to make the attempt, but it sounds hopeful. Anyone who attempts it, please post that result here as well for the benefit of all others in this situation.

Good luck!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
My Device: 8900

Unable to Save Email Options

Hello,

Just upgraded to a Curve and am unable to hide sent messages and disable the delete confirmation. I go into Email->Options->General Options and change "Hide Sent Messages" to yes "Confirm Delete" to No then I save the settings. When I go back in the settings been set back what they were previously and obviously aren't being saved. What's up with that? Any workaround to this issue? Wasn't having this problem with an older model bberry. 

Thanks,

Jason

Hall of Famer III

Re: Unable to Save Email Options

Hi everyone!

I know that some of you didn't actually post into this thread...I've been having the MODs move posts here that fit this specific circumstance so that we can consolidate all of the information together.

I'd like to ask that everyone review their post here and, if you can edit it, please insert the following information into your existing post:

• BB Model Number
  • BB OS level (all 4 octets)
  • Carrier
  • Country
  • BES Version
  • Messaging System Back End (e.g., Exchange, NOTES, etc.), including version information
  • Validation that you've gone through the full diagnostic steps (set the configuration item to "Yes", saved, yet it did not change and Sent Items are still showing)
  • Any special considerations to your situation (as in mine starting after a full BBSAK wipe, OS reload, and reactivation on BES...also include if/how you did backup/restore...I backed up my full device but only did selective restore, including the Messages Database) 

If you can't edit, then do make a new post (but we'd like to keep that to a minimum so that the thread remains as readable as it can be). New posters to the thread, of course please post this information with your first post on this specific topic.

Everyone also please review this thread to see if possibly it applies to your situation:

I'm especially interested in BES admins validating this potential identification of the root cause.

Thanks!

My Carrier: at&t

Re: Unable to Save Email Options

1. Curve 9300
  2. AT&T
  3. USA
  4. BES Version - Unknown
  5. Exchange 
  6. Yes, saving changes does not save the change
  7. New BB out of the box, already setup by my IT 
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Hide sent messages from the message inbox?

Hi,

I can't turn off seeing my sent messages in my BB inbox.

I've gone on to Messages / General Option / "Hide Sent Messages" and changed it to "yes" and then save, but nothing seems to happen.  Whenever I go back in to the options it's set to "no" again.

I've tried this multiple times and it doesn't make any difference.

Is this a bug or just something with my BB?

I've got a BB Curve 9300 on T-mobile with s/w 5.0.0.846 if that makes any difference.

Grateful for any help.

Thanks