Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: Curve 9300

Re: Hide sent messages and incoming calls !

BOTH of those things are happening to me too - I have the same model.  Would love to hear if anyone figures out a fix. 

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

kdeclark wrote:

BOTH of those things are happening to me too - I have the same model.  Would love to hear if anyone figures out a fix. 

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

To help, please refer back to my post earlier in this thread requesting very specific details. That information will assist greatly in working toward a resolution.

Good luck and thanks!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Hi everyone!

I decided to repost this and include some new information:

Iknow that some of you didn't actually post into this thread...I've been having the MODs move posts here that fit this specific circumstance so that we can consolidate all of the information together.

I'd like to ask that everyone review their post here and, if you can edit it, please insert the following information into your existing post:

• BB Model Number
  • BB OS level (all 4 octets)
  • Carrier
  • Country
  • BES Version
  • Messaging System Back End (e.g., Exchange, NOTES, etc.), including version information
  • Validation that you've gone through the full diagnostic steps (set the configuration item to "Yes", saved, yet it did not change and Sent Items are still showing)
  • Any special considerations to your situation (as in mine starting after a full BBSAK wipe, OS reload, and reactivation on BES...also include if/how you did backup/restore...I backed up my full device but only did selective restore, including the Messages Database) 

If you can't edit, then do make a new post (but we'd like to keep that to a minimum so that the thread remains as readable as it can be). New posters to the thread, of course please post this information with your first post on this specific topic.

Everyone also please review this thread to see if possibly it applies to your situation:

I'm especially interested in BES admins validating this potential identification of the root cause.

Further, RIM has recently published this KB:

• KB25380Unable to hide sent items while reconciling email on the BlackBerry smartphone

Thanks!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: 9300
My Carrier: AT&T

I just had a user bring me a 9300 that would not save calander views. I verrified that trying to change the default calander view was acting in the same way as the "hide sent items" problem. So I am waiting to see if doing a wipe and BES profile recreation also fixes it. Im not sure if another thread is started for this.

This person was also recently switched from a 8310.

• BB 9300
  • Device OS 5.0.0.955 (Platform 6.3.0.57)
  • AT&T
  • USA
  • BES Version: 5.0.2.28
  • Exchange 2003 sp2
  • See above
  • Wiped device, Deleted BES profile, recreated BES profile, reactivated device.
Hall of Famer III

ericlecarde wrote:

I just had a user bring me a 9300 that would not save calander views. I verrified that trying to change the default calander view was acting in the same way as the "hide sent items" problem. So I am waiting to see if doing a wipe and BES profile recreation also fixes it. Im not sure if another thread is started for this.

This person was also recently switched from a 8310.

• BB 9300
  • Device OS 5.0.0.955 (Platform 6.3.0.57)
  • AT&T
  • USA
  • BES Version: 5.0.2.28
  • Exchange 2003 sp2
  • See above
  • Wiped device, Deleted BES profile, recreated BES profile, reactivated device.

Hello,

Thanks for the info. While the situation does not match the specifics that this thread is intended for, it is similar and perhaps related. Please do post back with the results.

Thanks!

New Contributor
My Device: Storm 2 9550
My Carrier: verizon

Re: Hide sent messages

• model : 9550
  • BB OS level : 4.2.0.442
  • Carrier : Verizon
New Contributor
My Device: Storm 2 9550
My Carrier: verizon

same issue here.  first was the "hide sent" issue and now I can't save default view for my calendar, reverts back to "day" default.  I just got my new 9550 today running v5.0.0.1015 and platform 4.2.0.442

Hall of Famer III

Everyone...please see my above post and include all of the details.

Thanks!

Visitor
My Device: Not Specified

• Blackberry Curve 3G 9300
  • Platform 6.3.0.57, Blackberry 5.0.0.955
  • Carrier: AT&T
  • Region: USA
  • BES Version 4.1.6.23
  • Exchange 2003
  • I've set the setting to "Yes", saved, did not "take" the setting. Also removed battery from device, retried, same issue. 
  • Brand new phone, activated yesterday on our BES. Upgraded from Curve 8520 that worked perfectly. 
Hall of Famer III

[ Edited ]

Update for all. For other reasons, I needed to fully wipe and reload my OS today. When I restored, I did a full restore -- I really had no reason to do otherwise this time. The result -- this symptom has vanished for me! So, I can only recommend at this point that you:

1) Take a full inventory of your 3rd party apps, including necessary activation keys

2) Take a full backup

•  KB23680How to back up and restore BlackBerry smartphone data using BlackBerry Desktop Software 6.0

3) Wipe and reload with BBSAK

4) Restore (full) the backup and reinstall your apps

I honestly didn't expect this symptom to go away in this process, but it did. By doing the full restore, your BES reactivation should be automatic. If not, you may have to reactivate on BES...but that's what I did last time, resulting in this symptom. Hmmm...

Cheers and good luck!