Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: O2
Accepted Solution

Cannot receive Gmail emails on my bbtorch

HELP!

I can send but cannot receive gmail emails on my blackberry torch.  The phone says the email is setup and is sending fine but when I send test emails to it I get a MAILER-DAEMON failure notice.

IMAP is enabled and have followed all the gmail instructions and blackberry helps guides but I think I am missing something.

The extension of the email is not gmail it is my company name blueprint.org.uk

It is driving me mad - any suggestions gratefully received as I cannot receive my work emails on my blackberry which is make life so difficult!

Thanks

Amanda

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

Re: Cannot receive Gmail emails on my bbtorch

Interesting.  Try setting up a test gmail account and see if you can add that to your blackberry.  If that test account works, then the issue is between blueprint.org.uk and gmail 

You can also try this:

Go to this link from your phone:  mobile.blackberry.com
On that page, Scroll to Communicate, click on Email, choose the type of email account and setup from there.

My Device: Torch
My Carrier: O2

Re: Cannot receive Gmail emails on my bbtorch

Thanks - I think you are right it is an issue between blueprint22.org.uk and gmail.  I think I need to ask them to amend my mx records to make it work.

Test gmail works fine....