Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: BB

Re: Cannot receive files using Bluetooth

[ Edited ]

Hi,

when i open media in BB i have option as Music, Videos, Ring Tones, Pictures, Voice Notes ... i dont have any option Receive Using Bluetooth.

Is there anyone who can give instructions to solve this .. i have brought 8520 just few days back.

Goral

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Goral wrote:

Hi,

when i open media in BB i have option as Music, Videos, Ring Tones, Pictures, Voice Notes ... i dont have any option Receive Using Bluetooth.

Is there anyone who can give instructions to solve this .. i have brought 8520 just few days back.

Goral

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

You skipped a step -- you need to select one of those, and then Receive Using BT will be available. See this KB:

• KB05409 Transfer a file using Bluetooth technology between two BlackBerry smartphones

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: 9220
My Carrier: Airtel

Re: Cannot send / receive files using Bluetooth

I am unable to see RIM on the devices types.

device manager, right click on the Bluetoop Peripheral Device that should have a ! or ? select update driver. When asked to search for the driver, select Browse my computer, then select Let me pick the driver.

A list of device types will come up and then go down to Com Ports. In there select RIM then select the serial port there.

Please advise

Regards,

Na Raghu
My Device: Not Specified

i tryed it and it work through media...thanks

My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: AT&T

Smiley Happy

Halleluja!   I have spent hours searching for a solution for my Bold 9700.  It never occurred to me that  you had to do that,.  The manual certainly wasn't helpful.  I'm happy, happy, happy.  Thanks so much. 

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700
My Carrier: RIM

I didnot find any option like receive data via bluetooth or so.... I tried to copy mp3 song of size 4MB from ma laptop to blackberry but it notifies 
"Transfer failed. see the manual for your bluetooth handsfree device. file too large"
 please can someone help me with this 

i'd b thankful

My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: sangeetha

hey...to receive songs or images through bluetooth on blackberry u have 2 open media first n den hit the menu button there u get an option receive using bluetooth, click on that n then u can transfer d songs n images...

Highlighted
My Device: blackberry 9650
My Carrier: tomato

hello

ich have a blackberry 9650 and i have the same problem with the bluetooth he rides that the file is to large

2 mb is the biggest

can somone help me ?

My Device: curve 9320
My Carrier: cjskitze

Hi I am getting confused and a bit annoyed its all to do with a bluetooth problem will every time I connect to my brothers phone through bluetooth wich is a curve 8320 a popup apears it says file transfer failed to find service what does this mean sometimes I just think its my phone playing up my phones a blackberry curve 9320
Thanx
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

cjskitze wrote:
Hi I am getting confused and a bit annoyed its all to do with a bluetooth problem will every time I connect to my brothers phone through bluetooth wich is a curve 8320 a popup apears it says file transfer failed to find service what does this mean sometimes I just think its my phone playing up my phones a blackberry curve 9320
Thanx

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

I cannot tell from your post...have you followed EXACTLY the instructions provided in post 12 above? If not, then please review that...and provide details about the exact steps you take, the exact results of each step, and the exact and complete content of any error messages presented to you.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................