Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

Cannot reinstall Facebook

My facebook app quit sending me notifications, so I uninstalled it with the intent of reinstalling it so that all the settings would go back.  I have done this before with no problem.

Today, I went to reinstall, and I don't even have the option to.  Any other app in my 'uninstalled' file gives me the option to reinstall, but not Facebook.

Thoughts?  What to do?

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Cannot reinstall Facebook

Go to your applications list and delete the app.  From your homescreen, go to Options>Device>Application Management and look for it in the list.  Highlight it, press the menu key and select Delete.  Next, from your phone's browser type www.blackberry.com/facebook to download it again.

Let us know if that helps you.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor

Well, Facebook doesn't show up under Application Mgmt. Very strange. It is showing up in my App World as 'uninstalled', and is the lone 'uninstalled' app that won't give me the option to reinstall. Hmmm.....
SJI
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 8530
My Carrier: Verizon

This is exactly what is happening to me!!! I can't figure it out either.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: blackberry curve
My Carrier: meteor

i am havin d exact problem there has to be a way to re-download facebook, its so frustrating

SJI
New Contributor

my son was having the same problem a month ago,  and it worked for him, but I was too lazy to delete/re-install until today.

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry curve
My Carrier: meteor

ive searched tru dis dite 4 a way to fix d problem and any info givin doesnt help me at all ive done wat was stated and i still cant download FB its rediculous I NEED FB haha

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

anthonyjordan wrote:
Well, Facebook doesn't show up under Application Mgmt. Very strange. It is showing up in my App World as 'uninstalled', and is the lone 'uninstalled' app that won't give me the option to reinstall. Hmmm.....

Okay, so it's not in your Application list.  That means that it truly is gone from your phone.

Did you try re-installing it from your browser, as I suggested?  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor

When I click the link to reinstall, I am taken back to My App World, where I'm told that Facebook is 'uninstalled'. And again with the no option to reinstall.

Very strange!
SJI
New Contributor

That is what mine did. I even cleared the browser history in case it was holding something. It still doesn't give the re-install option. Since there are two of us, I am sure it is not operator error!