Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: t-mobile

Re: Cannot run apps

i have tried to reload the os, but i am not sure i have done it right?

should i first download the t-mobile os to my mobile  then do loaderexe

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Well, you could I suppose follow the procedure I provided for you in post 8 above...is there something in there (or linked from there) that is not clear to you? If so, please be specific...

All of that above does indeed say to first install, to your PC, your desired OS package...whether or not it's a TMO package is a choice for you to make, not an instruction to be given.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor

i  clicked on the loaderex and followed your instructions execpt going into advanced settings, when the process had finshed the phone rebooted and i tried downloading 1 of the apps that had not worked, but i still got the  error messages

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

chrisc123 wrote:

i  clicked on the loaderex and followed your instructions execpt going into advanced settings

Is there a reason you didn't follow the instructions as written? The point here is a clean OS reload...doing anything other than the instructions state does not result in that...

chrisc123 wrote:

i tried downloading 1 of the apps that had not worked, but i still got the  error messages

The I'd have to guess that your skipping over the instructions and doing things differently resulted in the process not doing what it is intended to do...

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor

i simply forgot to do it i clicked on proceed before reading the instructions, i did not do it on purpose would this make a difference?,
Hall of Famer III

Anything could make a difference. I don't have your device in my hands to see, and so only have what you say to help me to understand your situation. So, I am guessing that not doing the full clean reload perhaps caused the result you had. It's also possible that it will not matter...I cannot predict.

If you want me to predict, I'll predict that you are going to need to do the tedious "Bare Bones" reloading procedure that I documented for you up in post 8.

Contributor

Hi i reloaded the os exactly to your instructions, it took a long time but it appears to have solve the problem 

i will monitor the situation for a while and let you know if it has solved the problem completely

Contributor

Hi I have bean monitoring my curve for a eek now and everything seams to be operating properly now, even twitter is working

thanks for your help I will mark the problem as solved