Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: PRIV
My Carrier: AT&T
Accepted Solution

Cannot set-up e-mail account which I was previously using

Blackberry sent a message it could not authenticate account password and e-mail.  It is same account, password and e-mail as it has been for last two years.  IT guy says change to Iphone or Android - less interface problems.

Have followed directions to a "T" and it still says "invalid e-mail address or password."  IT guy confirms both still same and I can still access e-mail by laptop.  In putted server host etc'' just as requested.

At a loss as to how to set up e-mail  FYI - yahoo and Google set up seamlessly just not with outlook.  Have not had issue for past two years.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860, Z30
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

Re: Cannot set-up e-mail account which I was previously using

Delete the problem account, reboot and add in the account again. Try it and report back.
Contributor

I deleted and re-booted multiple times without success and continued to get the same message. But late last night after continuing to to try and add it once again, it worked. I cannot explain what was going on but it works know.

Thank you for the advice.
Contributor

Since it worked after deleting, re-booting and re-adding again, I have selected "soultion". Thanks again.