Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Cannot setup yahoo.ca email account on Torch9800, but yahoo.com is ok. Why?

For some reason I cannot setup my yahoo.ca email account on my Torch9800. However I can

setup my wife's yahoo.com account. Does any one have the same issue?

The OS version is 6.0 Bundle 695(v6.0.0.246, Platform 6.4.0.105).

Thanks for help.

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Cannot setup yahoo.ca email account on Torch9800, but yahoo.com is ok. Why?

Exactly what problem are you running in to i.e. no setup icon, password not accepted, etc.?

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor

I want to add my yahoo email to my Torch email account. The addition always failed complaining about the wrong password. My yahoo email address is jianhua_ding@yahoo.ca . The password I input was correct. I suspect it might have issue with yahoo.ca address as I can add my wife's yahoo email without any issue. Her email is yahoo.com.
Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

[ Edited ]

I've been suggesting to people to login to their email account on their PC, change the password there then come back to their phone and login with the new password.  Nobody has told me yet that it doesn't work so how about giving it a try?

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Highlighted
Forums Advisor I
My Device: Torch-Q10-Passport
My Carrier: Vodafone

had same problem with yahoo.co.uk

only way around it for me was to set up a new yahoo.com account and forward .co.uk to it and it works fine.

New Contributor

Did as suggested. Still not working. I even created another yahoo.ca and still the same result.