Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Cannot split Gmail Icons on 9780

Hi Guys

I have a 9780 running .359 OS and I have had the same issue running the previous OS as well.

I have 4 Gmail accounts of which each one has it's own icon.

I want to put 2 of these along with a yahoo account in a folder for email account and have the other gmail accounts visible in the main menu.

I can create the folder and move 1 gmail account folder, then select the 2nd gmail folder and then select the option to move to folder and the email folder is not there in the list.

When I back out of that option and refresh the main menu the other 3 gmail folders have automatically moved into the Email folder.

I then try and move the ones out of the folder to home menu and then the 2nd one the option is not there and the same then happens that if i refresh the main menu the others have come out of the folder.

I also cannot move the email icons around in the main menu, I have to move the other icons around them to get them in the place that I want them.

I also find it annoying that the icons when highlighted do not show the number of unread emails in the seperate email folders.

Can anyone assist? Am I missing something basic in the menu system to cause this problem.

Thanks

Tom

Trusted Contributor

Re: Cannot split Gmail Icons on 9780

Just to give an update, I managed to move one gmail and my yahoo icon into a new folder last night.

All was ok till I downloaded the Gmail App and this then caused the other 3 gmail mailboxes to move automatically into the Email folder I had created.

Need to resolve this in the next OS release.

I think it's and OS6 bug as I have seen Torch users on CB report similar things.

Tom
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Etisalat

i have exactly the same issue with gmails

infact if u note if u Hide one of the gmail icons all hide and unhide one , other ones also unhide!

im having the same software OS6 and same build ditto as Tim

any help would be appreciated

infact everytime you reboot the BB device the icons might all b in one place outside or inside the email folder created to keep some of them!

Trusted Contributor

See this is what annoys me.

After getting the icons how I wanted them and finding a work around I removed some software using DM6 this afternoon and it has reverted my email icons to how it thinks I want it.

This is really annoying and if a RIM employee reads this it needs looking at quite seriously.

Tom

Trusted Contributor

Hi Guys

I have updated to the leaked .448 version and this has cured the gmail icon problem.

Now liking my 9780 a bit more!
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Etisalat

Great! will wait for the official release of .448

Thanks