Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Tour 9630

Re: Cannot stop message notification

I'm having the same problem with email.  How do I set up a custom profile?  I'm new to blackberry so I'm still trying to figure out all the features of this phone!

My Device: Not Specified

With a Tour 9630, here's how to set up a custom profile:

From the Home screen, press the Blackberry button.

Locate and press the Sounds icon (displays a speaker with an image representing the current setting).

Scroll to the bottom and choose Custom Profiles.

Since you have no custom profiles yet, choose "Add Custom Profile."

Create a name ("Desperation," "Human," "Way Better" - whatever sounds meaningful for you).

Customize away! 

To their credit, RIM developers provided a "Normal" setting for each attribute, so that we would be able to leave our choice of attributes at their default settings.

My Device: Not Specified

I had that issue.  Basically, what it ended up doing is crashing the phone to where I could only pull the battery to regain control of the phone.

My advice, go to Verizon, get on a landline & call tech support.  If they don't resolve it, get a FREE NEW replacement and not a refurb.  If you still have time on your worry-free guarantee, I'd plan on returning the phone.  I ended up doing so.

PS  There are a lot more posts on www.crackberry.com about the 9630 Tour.  I wish RIM protected it's reputation by answering these problems or at least being helpful on the forums.

I ultimately was forced to return my tour and revert to my old Curve with Alltell while waiting out these issues.  I likely will NOT purchase another BB when my contract runs out in a couple of weeks due to my experience with this model.