Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: BB curve 8520
My Carrier: EE

Cannot sync calendar entries from BB 8520 to MacBook calendar

Recently, not sure prescisely when, my Macbook (OS 10.8) stopped receiving new calendar entries from my BB curve 8520 during a wired sync. There are no error messages, the data flows correctly the other way, and as far as I can see the contacts are updated both ways successfully (though BB Desktop keeps flagging addresses as changed when they're not). 

I have checked for BB DS updates, 'latest version is insalled' (2.4.0 build 17), reinstalled it several times (though it is noticeable that doing ths does not delete sync history, is that significant?), and rebooted the phone several times. No difference.

I can find nothing in Knowledge base directly applicable, and trying some likely suggestison like checking default calendar on the phone are either inapplicable or ineffective.

Ideas before I desert to Apple or Android?

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Cannot sync calendar entries from BB 8520 to MacBook calendar

Hello Alex, 

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community.

Thank you for your question regarding the Calendar synchronization issue you are experiencing when attempting to complete a synchronization of using the BlackBerry Desktop Software.

Have you attempted selecting Forget Device from the menu and reconfiguring the synchronization settings? What is your default Calendar currently set as?

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: BB curve 8520
My Carrier: EE

Re: Cannot sync calendar entries from BB 8520 to MacBook calendar

FB,

Yes I have tried 'forget device', I'm not exacty sure what you mean by 'reconfiguring the synchronisation settings', I simple reviewed them, confirmed and re-synched. There was no change in performance, the mac still ignores all changes on the BB, but entires added to the mac migrate to the BB. There are no warnings or error messages at any time.

As for Default Calendar, I did investigate that earlier in trouble shooting followng other suggestions on this and other fora. I don't see any indication of 'default' calendar, there is only one on both my mac and the BB, and there is no option to change that I can see. 

If I were sitll an PC/Outlook used I would feel confident in moving the calendar files to some other spot and starting again, but on the mac I can't see where these files are, so I haven't tried to touch them, though I susptect that is the only way out of this.

Alex