Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Verizon Blackberry Curve 8330
My Carrier: Verizon

Cannot sync calender on Blackberry and desktop

When I plug my Blackberry Curve 8330 into my desktop to charge and sync it, everything freezes and the message says "Getting status information from Outlook Calendar."  And it doesn't allow me to cancel.  it says it is cancelling but it never does.  I have to turn the desktop off to get Blackberry to cancel.  How can I fix this?  Thanks for your help.

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8330
My Carrier: Sprint

Re: Cannot sync calendar on Blackberry and desktop

Suddenly today I am having the same problem......using latest software (V4.5.0.186) and my BB 8330 has been syncing without issue on the same PC for a couple years now.

Nothing that I know of changed since my last sync a couple days ago...but my issue is exactly the same as the OP ?  Have to bring up task manager in Win 7 and end task from there...otherwise it runs for more than an hour without finishing the sync

However it does initial go through the sinking calendar messages...records...etc... as before...but does then freeze at "Getting status information from Outlook Calendar."  at about 80% of the green task bar completed.

Is there a way to stop the "auto sync" at device plug in to try individual syncing options ?

Trinaz22

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8330
My Carrier: Sprint

Re: Cannot sync calendar on Blackberry and desktop

[ Edited ]

Read a post somewhere in the forums that said only solution was to re-install BB software...so I uninstalled BB software using Revo Uninstaller...manuall searched registry for leftovers (and found some)...ran CCCleaner that also found leftovers !!

Downloaded and installed the latest software for BB Desktop from:

http://swdownloads.blackberry.com/Downloads/contactFormPreload.do?code=A8BAA56554F96369AB93E4F3BB068...

And essentially ...while the version was the same as I had on my PC originally ( (V4.5.0.186)...there were a number of differences as the software worked ?

But...back to syncing normally now....hope this helps

TRinAZ