05-31-2012 12:13 AM
Torch 9810 and most recent version of desktop software. Using windows XP. Phone is fairly new and will most likely go back to the store. Cannot synch my calendar, which is essential for me. Crashes just as it comes to the end of the synch. (nothing gets transferred)
the software WILL synch address book and media. PLEASE HELP
Solved! Go to Solution.
05-31-2012 11:32 AM
Hi and Welcome to the Community!
I suggest the following steps (insert plenty of reboots of your PC...not just restarts, but full power down reboots). Also, it is advised that you be logged into the PC on an account with full admin rights. Further, under Vista/Win7, use the "Run As Administrator" option for everything.
Further, it has also been reported that when your user profile on windows (type 'echo %userprofile%' in the command prompt) contains spaces, then the installer will not work. In order to solve this issue, log out of your Windows account and log back in using the local Administrator account (or any other account name without spaces) and install the desktop (for all users).
1) Remove your device OS update package from your PC (add/remove programs)
2) Cleanly uninstall the RIM Desktop Software:
3) Get a fresh download of the RIM Desktop Software:
4) Download (to your PC) a fresh copy of your device OS package from your carrier:
5) Install the Desktop Software to your PC
6) Install (also to your PC), the device OS package
7) Start the organizer configuration over:
Hopefully that will get things going again.
Good luck and let us know!
06-04-2012 07:50 AM
Those solutions did not work, HOWEVER, I created a new calendar in Outlook and then copied all of my stuff from the old to the new calendar. Then set the synch to synch only to the new calendar. That worked!