Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: vodafone

Cannot update blackberry world

It is very frustrating. I want to update my Blackberry for the various apps and when asked for my username and password, I key them in and then I'm asked for the username associates with the smartphone which is my email I put my email but it is not recognized never ever ever. I can't use the apps because I can't download them and I don't understand why this wretched thing is not working. I went to my account and my username is my email but still they ask me for the username like I've entered something wrong.

Please fix this because I am at the last drop of my patience

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Cannot update blackberry world

Hello crissycris

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

First Do a Backup of your device using BlackBerry Desktop Software then follow this knowledge base to resolve your issue , look for the additional Information within this KB:

KB28429 : "Please enter the username associated with this smartphone" appears when logging into BlackBerry App World with a BlackBerry ID using a BlackBerry 7 smartphone

Try it and let us know.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

I've just got  one ID I've never had another username. Is it possible to contqact somebody in a shop who can see the phone and do things on the spot? I'm not technological and I don't understand anything about these things. Is there any shop in London UK where I can go?

Elite II

Hi crissycris

You can Contact your Carrier Vodafone who can help , Also a Mobile shop can can easily fix this issue.

You can also do it by your self , all you need a PC , do do your backup of your device , for help check this KB :

KB12487 :  How  backup BlackBerry smartphone Data using BlackBerry desktop software for Windows

Once you have your Backup , remove your Media Card if you have it from the device and then perform a Security Wipe , if your device is running OS 5 then try this :

For BlackBerry smartphones running BlackBerry Device Software 5.0

1. From the Home screen of the BlackBerry smartphone, click Options > Security Options >Security Wipe.
  2. Select the appropriate check boxes to remove data and applications as intended.
  3. Type blackberry, and click Wipe.

For help refer to this Knowledge Base :

KB14058 : How to delete all data and applications from the BlackBerry smartphone using the Security Wipe option

So If you want to try it yourself go ahead let us know if you feel any problem.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

Thank you I will go to a Vodafone shop at least they know what they are doing, I would risk to do something wrong.

Elite II

Sure if you're having problem then Contact Vodafone , they can do it for you

Good luck.