Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Airtel -India

Cannot upgarade 8320 software from 4.6 to 5.0

Hi

Please can you help me upgrading my Blackberry from software V 4.6 to latest 5.0.

i have tried through desltop manager but it is not showing any update available.

Please help.

New Contributor

Re: Cannot upgarade 8520 software from 4.6 to 5.0

Hi

Please can you help me in upgrading my Curve 8520 from current software v 4.6 to 5.0.

I have tried getting through software manager but it is showing "no upgarde available".

please help.

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hi yatishkirori

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

First please clarify which device your have Curve 8520 OR Curve 8320 ?

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

Hi

I have Curve 8520.

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hi yatishkirori

Yes you can Update your Curve 8520 to OS5  , Try those steps:

1.Locate your Carrier  and Download the OS  from here Software Download Site. 

• (make sure you are downloading for the same model as you have )

2. Now Double the file that you Downloaded to Install it on your PC

3. Download and install the latest BlackBerry desktop software from here BlackBerry desktop software

• Then using desktop software perform your full backup of your device.

4. Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader. (For 64-bit Vista or Windows 7, the path       will be C: > Program Files x86 > Common Files > Research In Motion > AppLoader) double click Loader.exe

Update will continue and follow the onscreen directions. But remember if you use any other carrier OS pack then yours , you have to delete two or three vendor .xml files . But your carrier Airtel ( Bharti Airtel ) have already released OS5 for your device model so download that OS and install that on your PC , and follow the above instructions to update your device.

So try and let us know of your progress.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.