Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 8330 smartphone (CDMA)
Accepted Solution

Cant Open OWA emails

Hi... I have been trying to acess my emails accounts from the blackberry browser but i am facing a peculiar problem. I can login in my OWA account. But I am unable to open any specific email.

I can navigate otherwise through the account - go to a folder, sent items, compose mail, etc but cant open any mail.

The web page says that 'cookies are currently disabled by your browser. OWA requires that cookies to be enabled' but how do i do it?

Can somebody pls help.

Thanks,

Anu

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Cant Open OWA emails

Hello,

While I've never even wanted to access OWA in that manner (much simpler to integrate into the BIS email configuration IMHO), this KB might be helpful:

•  KB12971Unable to view a specific web page using the Internet browser on the BlackBerry smartphone

Since cookies are natively supported, it is likely that the browser that is being used for the transaction is not the proper one...changing between the Internet Browser versus the MDS browser may be the answer.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Hey, thanks. I know it is easier to configure OWA through BIS or BES but for some reason, I still need to access OWA from browser only. I think I have tried all sorts of combinations of browser but it still doesn't work.

Funny (read irrititating) thing is, I can view my inbox and all the mails that have come but I cant open anyone of them. I can even send new mails but no replies or forwards coz no mail opens.

I fail to understand, if I can access the page, why cant i work on it.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)

AnuR wrote:

but for some reason, I still need to access OWA from browser only

Would you mind revealing what that reason is? Perhaps we can get that working for you. Details help us to help you. Lack thereof makes us guess, which is not helpful to anyone.

Further, from your reply, I cannot discern if you even attempted anything in the KB I linked for you, much less what the specific resutls were...we cannot proceed unless you provide information.

Thanks and let us know!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Ok, the reason is I do not want to configure OWA in my handset. I want to view the mails only if I want to, like i do it from any PC/laptop through internet.

And yes I did try the KB link.

1. I dont think it is Cause no. 1 because I have heard others access OWA through internet on the blackberry.

2. Same is the reason for Cause no. 2 not being applicable.

But I do realize that it is something to do with the OWA website because most of the other websites are available fine.

3. Cause no. 3 - I checked the settings again as suggested in solution 3. It was already set that way. I again saved it. Didn't work though.

I appreciate your efforts to help me. Lets see if it works the way I need.

Thanks,

Anu

Hall of Famer III

AnuR wrote:

Ok, the reason is I do not want to configure OWA in my handset. I want to view the mails only if I want to, like i do it from any PC/laptop through internet.

Ahhh...I see...so there's not something wrong (as you previously implied) but rather you just don't want to use the excellent email capabilities that exist on BBs. OK...I can respect that (I honestly can't understand it, but I can respect it).

From what you've posted this time, I suspect you are on the right track. Websites can be coded to perform better with some browsers rather than others. The BB Browser can appear to websites as several different things...that setting is, from within the Browser App, ( blackberry_logo.jpg > Options > Browser Configuration > Browser Identification). Changing that to another browser might help your BB interact better with some websites. In combination with all of the other configuration settings, you need to find the combination of all of these settings that works best for the sites you are visiting. Sadly, there is no "best advice" to give as each persons needs are different. But, I typically find that changing the Browser Identification often helps -- most often by changing to FF or IE (if those are available to you...the options vary by carrier).

Good luck!

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

Since you're running 8330, you likely will not be able to access OWA via the native Blackberry browser.

You may want to try bolt browser on your curve and you see if that works.

Go to http://www.boltbrowser.com/ on your Blackberry, download, install and try to access OWA.

Let me know how you fare.

Thanks,

New Contributor

I never implied there is anything wrong with BIS or BES. My only problem was not being able to access OWA through the browser which i could do on BB Bold or other models. But I appreciate u can respect the need even when u cant understand it Smiley Happy

And yes, finally I have figured out the problem. It is this 8330 Curve which doesn't support owa website.

Mobifree,

Thanks a lot for suggesting bolt browser. I can now access owa through this browser.

Thanks again. 

Contributor

You're welcome!
I'm hoping you'd mark this thread "resolved".
I'm a new member, so I'm trying to build my rep here.

Thanks
Contributor

Oops, as I'm posting this on my Bold, I just saw that you have marked the thread solved.

My bad!