Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Cant View Pics more then a day old...

Hey, moved all the pics and folders of pics from a curve into the Bold.  Now the phone cant view the pics unless the pic was taken in the last 24 hours.  I can attached the pics but even then, cant view them on the phone... any questons? using a 4 gd mini sd card...
Forums Veteran III
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Re: Cant View Pics more then a day old...

Where you put the pictures in the memory device or in the memory card?

What if you go to media, pictures, all pictures?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
Contributor

There are a couple things to check -- is the Media Card seated properly, and is it being read?

Reset your BB by taking out the battery, keepingit out at least 30 seconds, then reseating it.

Do you have your sync settings set up so that photos are left on your phone and not removed when you sync? Check your sync settings on your desktop for pictures. 

New Contributor

[ Edited ]
The pics are on the media card  with the folder list set as.... memorycard/blackberry/pictures/****  i have folders of different events in side there that did work on the 8300 Curve and nothing has changed from when i switched from the curve to the bold with that memory card.  Again, i can attach pictures from the memory card into emails, bbm, etc... just cant view them in the camera.  I can see the folders that are inside the pictures folder as well.
Message Edited by Kwalkup on 11-21-2008 04:42 PM
Message Edited by Kwalkup on 11-21-2008 04:43 PM
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi,

Go the the main media screen, menu key, explore. Work your way to the media card, then the folder the pictures

are in. Highlight one and select properties. Does is show the file size correctly and is the extension correct?

does it have .rem on it? Also, try to view the picture from there.

Go to options security is content protection enabled? It should be disabled.

In options media card encryption should be set to None.

Thanks,

Please remember to resolve your thread. Put the check mark in the green box that contained your answer! Thanks
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor

The file size and file type are fine.  Memory card not encrypted.  While using the explore feature, they are there and labeled for example "IMG00016-20081114-0020.jpg" Still cant see the pics using the camera though...
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi,

I didn't understand your statement: "Still cant see the pics using the camera though".

I go to media, pictures, to view pitures. Or in the camera app, menu key select view pictures.

How are you trying  to view them?

Thanks

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor

I can view the pixtures by using the explore feature in the media program. I can not use the view the pictures using the camera "view"