Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Vodafone

Cant brows device from PC

When I connect my 9800 it pops up with a prompt asking if I want to synchronise media or use it as a USB drive.

The desktop software seems not to care which I press, it is always slow to connect but usually will if I wait.

I am aware that the help screen tells me to select charge only, which also works.

However when I firs instaled everything windows was offering the standard mass storage device inserted prompt and mounting the device as a drive ... now it isnt amnd I hav no idea what has changed,

Window is failing to stsrt 2 USB devices WPD FileSystem driver

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

Blackberry Smartphone is OK

Bluetooth sync is off as I thought it may be comnflicting

Destop software is set not to start automatically.

Any thoughts? ... it seems od that it was working and now isnt.

Any and all input welcome

Highlighted
Forums Veteran III
My Device: Classic 10.3.2.798 OS + Playbook 64Gb

Re: Cant brows device from PC

Hi and welcome to the forums Dyslexicbloke! Smiley Happy

A couple of places for you to visit: Blackberry 101     Tips & Tricks

And don't forget to visit   The Torch Forum

Do you still have mass storage mode enabled?  Mass Storage Mode    Enable/Disable Mass Storage Mode

Perhaps it has inadvertently been shut off.

Let us know how you are doing and if you have any questions/issues; search in the forum for your BB model (search box at top right of page) Can't find what you're looking for? Start your own thread. Other users will be there to help.

Just be sure to keep coming back. Happy to have you here! Smiley Very Happy

IrwinII
Please remember to "Accept as Solution" the post which solved your thread. If I or someone else have helped you, please tell us you "Like" what we had to say at the bottom right of the post.