Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Cant get my pc to recognize my 8110 pearl, downloaded usb driver still doesnt recognize?? HELP!!

I have downloaded a usb/modem driver from the blackberry website yet my pc still will not recognize my phone.  Any suggestions cause I want to put pics and music from my pc onto my phone but I cant!
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Cant get my pc to recognize my 8110 pearl, downloaded usb driver still doesnt recognize?? HELP!!

Hi and welcome to the forums!

Do you have a media card?

Thanks

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor

Re: Cant get my pc to recognize my 8110 pearl, downloaded usb driver still doesnt recognize?? HELP!!

yes I do
Guru I

[ Edited ]

Do you connect with the desktop manager, or are you trying to just drag and drop through explorer?

Check these settings: 

Media Card window ON 

Encryption NONE 

Mass storage support ON

Auto enable when connected  YES 

On your media card do you have these folders?

Blackberry

Pictures

Music

Ringtones

Videos

Voicenotes
this is the folder structure that the Blackberry needs to allocate the media to.
Do you have these folders on your media card?

Let me know!

Message Edited by Bifocals on 10-20-2008 06:42 PM

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

New Contributor

I cannot connect at all with my phone when hooked up to my pc the prompt "usb device not recognized" keeps coming up
Guru I

IS the USB cable plugged into a hub? It needs to be in a port.

Is the USB cable good? If plugged into the PC does it show as a flash drive in explorer?

In hardware manager are there any yellow flags for device conflicts?

Are the correct USB drivers installed for 4.6?

Blackberry USB and Modem Drivers ENG (DM4.6 B13)

• File size: 16.988 MB
  • Date posted: 15-August-08
  • Download Software

Has the correct Microsoft BB driver been installed?

http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/search.aspx?q=blackberry

Is power management turned on for the  ports?

Please specify PC operating system and version of Desktop Manager

Thanks

New Contributor

Still not recognizing the device
New Contributor

It also appears that I cant seem to get a good download of desktop manager.  I'm lost now!
Guru I

What link are you using for the DM?

EN
Contributor

[ Edited ]
Hi, I have the same issue and tried all that you have outlined.  My current Blackberry (7130c) is recognized and communicates and charges. When plugging in the new Blackberry (8110), it says "One of the USB devices attached has malfunctioned...". I believe at one time it did seem to recognize it, but I have never been able to get the desktop manager to see it. I suspect it is a corrupted driver, but I am at a loss as how to replace the driver. I have replaced the Phone and the Cable.  I have installed and removed and reinstalled the Blackberry Device Software and the Desktop Manager (and upgradeded it).  I downloaded the Windows Drivers, but forgive my ignorance, do I need to used the Hardware Wizard to install that, and since I can not see the Phone, the wizard does not know what to install.  Please correct me if I am incorrect here or just plain stupid...  Thanks in advance for your help! I have been pulling my hair out for a week on this.

e
Blackberry 8110 AT&T
Message Edited by EN on 11-15-2008 03:25 PM