Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Cant hear out of Speakerphone or earpiece

[ Edited ]

Ok I have a problem with my 8100, when I make a call, or answer a call, I cant hear them, and they cant hear me. Usually you have the option to use speakerphone, but when I click the trackball it only has Hold and Mute, then Full Menu. When I goto my media it will show that its playing the video but there wont be any sound even when volumes all the way up, same goes with ringtones. Whenever I goto voice dialing, it doesnt say "Say a command." And it wont follow any of my commands. I know the phone isnt broken since it plays a ringtone when someones calling me. And I can listen to ringtones if I goto my profiles>advanced>edit>phone and then I can hear the ringtones just fine. I have tried soft and hard reseting but it doesnt fix it. Anyway I can fix my phone?

Message Edited by JacobDRoberts on 08-09-2008 08:15 PM
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Cant hear out of Speakerphone or earpiece

This is an hardware related issue. Contact RIM authorized support center to resolve the issue. Otherwise if you're in a position to claim warrenty them get a replacement from your carrier.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit