Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: White Bold 9780
My Carrier: 02

Cant open web browser page despite being connected

Transferred today from Orange to TalkTalk, so I install everything, works fine. Then I unplug the cable to use wifi and it wont open pages, its like theres no connection. Yet its showing as connected. When I click the internet icon in the bottom right hand of the screen (which says unidentifed, local access only), I open this box:

Now when I use the cable connected to the modem it shows as connected on both sides including the internet side.

Everything is installed correctly, passwords etc, but for love nor money will it open an internet page when connected to the wifi.

The same thing has happened with my blackberry bold too, it shows on the top bar as connected to talktalk, yet when I try to open a page it says no connection available.

Yet ive done the same connections with the wii, and the kids laptop and they work fine on the wifi. I just played some black ops multiplayer on the wii to test that, and that works fine.

My heads completely **bleep**ed and the only info I can find on google just says it must installed wrong, to uninstall and reinstall etc etc, which ive done and im getting the same problem. Same with the blackberry forums. But it clearly shows on both devices that im connected.

Help someone pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease
Contributor
My Device: White Bold 9780
My Carrier: 02

Re: Cant open web browser page despite being connected

[ Edited ]