Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Cant send or recieve MMS on a AT&T unlocked 8300 on Tmobile, pls help

Hi, I just bought an AT&T curve 8300 from ebay, I unlocked the phone and slipped in the SIM card and worked awesome until I tried picture messaging and didnt work(cant locate WAP account or something like that), I tried receiving picture messages and didnt work either. I called Tmobile and they said that they dont know the settings to make it work because they dont support the 8300, they support the 8320. Anyone knows how to setup the settings so I can recieve and send picture messages on my 8300 curve? I use to have a sidekick 3 and hated it because it did support the pic messaging know its happening again. Please help.

I dont have an email plan I just have the SMS and MMS plan. I dont have much experience with BB and I am not very technical. Any help will be appreciated.

thanks,

Forums Advisor I
My Device: Curve 8900

Re: Cant send or recieve MMS on a AT&T unlocked 8300 on Tmobile, pls help

[ Edited ]

With BlackBerrys you need to have a BlackBerry data plan in order to send MMS messages. Also, I believe a MediaNet plan will work as well (not 100% sure).

You might want to contact AT&T's BlackBerry technical support and make sure your account is provisioned for MMS messages properly.

Update: I just realized that you said you were on T-Mobile. For T-Mobile you will either need a BlackBerry data plan, or you will need to have a feature called the BlackBerry Feature Enabler on your account in order to send MMS messages. Contact T-Mobile's BlackBerry technical support and ask them to add the feature. 

Message Edited by JeremyKitching on 05-15-2008 07:28 PM
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Cant send or recieve MMS on a AT&T unlocked 8300 on Tmobile, pls help

Jeremy, thanks for your help. I started playing with it and opened on the security options the MMS setting and just looked at them and in some of those actions it kinda loaded an application or something, I tried sending MMS and receiving and it worked, dont ask me how but it started working, I sent it to my friends verizon phone and it recieved the MMS. thanks for your advice though. I am really new to the BB curve so I am still trying to explore its potential and what it can do, I guess I will have to do more research on it.

BTW this is what I found on the web

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB11766&sliceId=SAL_Pub...