Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Cant use Blackberry 8300 in Bangladesh

[ Edited ]
Hi,
I m from bangladesh. I have buy a blackberry-8300 mobile from Dubai and i have use it n there. when i back on bangladesh and insert the Bangladeshi SIM card into the mobile, i cant use it. as because when i insert the Bangladeshi SIM card into the mobile and power on, its give a message as "Insert SIM card". and then i can browse all of the menu. But cant make any call.
Here i have to mention that, when i insert the SIM, which i use in dubai then the Mobile is behave normally.
Can u please give me the proper procedure to make the solution of this problem?

Best Regards,
Mohammad Zahirul Islam
Insoft Systems Ltd.

EDIT: Removed personal information
Message Edited by Andy on 07-25-2008 07:21 AM
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Cant use Blackberry 8300 in Bangladesh

BlackBerry built carrier specific devices. Almost every carrier have these device locked to network. Meaning a device from one carrier won't work in other network/country. What you're face after inserting SIM is the reason of that. You can purchase unlock codes from GSM Phone Source or Unlock BlackBerry. But again carriers follow a policy where you can have BlackBerry services only if you avail their bundled package. Moreover, if your carrier is not allowed to have a specific device from RIM and you purchase an unlocked device from else where and somehow you become able to use then your carrier will not be able to provide after sales support for that particular device as they don't have it in their portfolio.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit