Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 3G
My Carrier: koodo

Cant use wi-fi to access the appworld with curve 3g

I unclicked the mobile network and had my wifi connected while i was trying to access the app world, but it " you do not have sufficient wireless coverage or your connection to the wireless network is turned off.." is it that the app world only works with data or it's something else....?

Many thanks!!!!!!!!

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Cant use wi-fi to access the appworld with curve 3g

[ Edited ]

Hi there, this is correct as it requires a BlackBerry data plan.  You can get more info here:

KB17659 - Minimum requirements for BlackBerry App World 

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 3G
My Carrier: koodo

so it means that i need a data plan in order to use the wifi...?

And thanks a lotttttt! the response was really fast
Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

That's correct. The reason has to do with country and carrier specific apps. It can only tell which carrier you're on via your BlackBerry data plan, so without a data plan...

As long as you have an active data plan though, you should be able to download the apps over wifi to save on data usage.

I hope that info helps! Smiley Very Happy

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!