Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Rogers

Capitalization - Virtual Keyboard

Is there any way to shorten the length of time it takes for the letter to capitalize when pressing and holding while using the virtual keyboard?  I have looked through manual, menus and forum posts and I have not been able to find how to shorten this time. 

Thx in advance!

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Capitalization - Virtual Keyboard

Hi Mad_BB and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums!

The timing on capitalization cannot be changed.  This was set by design to avoid capitalizing letters by mistake if holding the letter down too long.  Some users may be quicker than others when typing using the virtual keyboard.

Thanks

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Carrier: Rogers

There is a very large disparity between the physical keyboard and the virtual keyboard in the length of time you have to hold the letter down to get capitalization.  The keyboard seems to be about 1 second and the virtual keyboard about 3 seconds.  It is so slow I have abandoned the virtual keyboard altogether as my emails look like they were written by a child with the lack of capitals.  It's a shame because I prefer the virtual keyboard too.

I know its a different OS but my boss's Storm the virtual keyboard takes about 1 second (about the same as the physical keyboard on my Torch).

thanks for the reply tho!

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Carrier: Vodafone

try changing the hover period...options>typing and input>touch screen and sensitivity>hover period