Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Vodafone

Car kit connection via Bluetooth

Hi,

Can anyone please help.

I've recently upgrade the software on my BOLD 9700 bundle 2475 (v6.0.0.546, Platform 6.6.0207). Since the upgrade my handset will not connect to my Ford Mondeo car kit. I've deleted the pairing on both handset and car kit a number of times - it works the first time I get in the car but after this I just get an error message "connection failed". The car kit works fine with other members of our family mobile phones - toggling between handset and connecting everytime. I've even tried deleting the other phones from the car kit - still it will not connect. I've even rebooted the car system just in case there was a problem with the carkit.

The only way I can get the handset to connect is by switching my phone off and turning it back on once the engine is running..... it worked fine prior to the upgrade... although not the right way to solve the problem - is it possible to revert back to the previous operating system?

Any assistance resolving this issue would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Rob

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: orange

Re: Car kit connection via Bluetooth

I have a similar problem with my bold 9780 and ford mondeo I can get it paired and it works fine but it does not reconnect automatically when ignition is switched back on without restarting my blackberry or going through the pairing process again, I have posted on this before but have not yet received a satisfactory answer. Very frustrating.

Contributor

Thanks for replying, I feel better that somebody else is sharing my problem - it's definately a Blackberry handset problem because my other mobile (Iphone) and my wife's mobile (Nokia) connect no problem at all. My problems only started after the latest software upgrade, maybe the next release of software will cure it. I've tried to install the older version but the handset just locks up.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: telus

Sorry sounds more like the car kit to me.
My torch will connect to my vaio or my ps3 without a problem. I am using the latest software and bluetooth works great. As well my carkit it connects fine to as well.
Contributor

Thanks for your thoughts however I'm convinced that it is a firmware fault with the BB Bold as my ford audio connects fine with other makes of phone including my 5 yr old sony ericsson, I just hope Blackberry will get their act together and sort out the software very.soon

Contributor

hear hear

Trusted Contributor

So roadrunner has a similar problem with a Ford and a blackberry. I would say its the ford bluetooth. I myself can connect to many devices fine with the latest software, using a torch 9800

Contributor

Maybe its a problem unique to the Bold software because I can connect various makes of phone to my ford bluetooth system including a friends Blackberry curve with no problem, but  not my new blackberry  Bold, if it was a fault with the ford system then the the problem would be consistant with other mobile phones,

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

As said you both have fords. It is not unreasonble to think so. Stop with the pride and just think. Problems aren't necessarily consistent as phones use different antennas, have different hardware. Think what you like. None here is insulting your car. Anything is possible. As a man once said "when you have eliminated the impossible whatever remains is the truth". Therefore if consistent as you say then I would have bluetooth problems as well. This forum is setup for assistance in troubleshooting. We arent here to lay blame. We are here to consider nothing more nothing less. I wasnt insulting the car, neither am I assuming it isnt the phone. Some people think if you have a problem with your type of computer and i have the same type I will have this problem. Not necessarily true. That wouldnt be factual that would be guessing, I prefer to stick to what facts we have. We cannot disregard the car has a problem with the bluetooth especially if the handset can connect to other bluetooth adapters without a problem.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think thats very unfair to blame this on a company. IF what you say is true. They should get with the program then please kindly explain why I dont have that same problem. My handset connects fine and uses the same firmware and software. We arent here to bash RIM we are here to find solutions. I find it hard to believe its the software (firmware). I use the same firmware and I dont have any problems with bluetooth in fact it works altogether terrific. In fact I havent had any problems with the software that a few button presses didnt fix.